Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest NYTruckie

Zero Tolerance For

164 posts in this topic

EMTBRAVO has "No tolerance for Negative Comments" I was wondering what other members have no tolerance for:

I have no tolerance for people asking me a question and not listening to the answer and I have to repeat it.

I smell a scrubs quote coming on.

"I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together. Lemme see, uhh.... Low-carb diets. Michael Moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.', the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much! The Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host! Everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything, everything that exists, past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions....Oh! And Hugh Jackman."

"wireless hot spots"

I don't want to know about that!

sounds kinky

I have no tolerance for:

- stupid drivers who incessantly hit their brakes for no reason, aka NJ drivers

- stupid drivers who refuse to move out of the way of an approaching or trailing emergency vehicle, aka NJ drivers

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

what about a double negative? does that equal a positive?

LOL. I would need 3 days.

Zero tolerance for:

Stupidity.

Any sentence that starts with "I heard..."

Complacency.

Any sentence including the word "tradition"

Anyone afraid of change.

The Boston Red Sox

The Buffalo Bills.

Ex-Jet Offensive Coordinator Paul Hackett

Ineffective or absent Fire Officers

No show students

Excuses of why you can't do something....

after you state how well you can.

Nurses who have a stick up their @ss.

Buffs who wail on a siren for no reason at all.

Morons who drive emergency vehicles ......like morons.

Those who talk out their @ss but have no facts to back it up.

Big mouth people who have little brains

Anyone who treats fire/ems like its a hobby or a cool thing instead of with pride, honor and professionalism....

If you were charged with being a professional, would you be found guilty by a jury of your peers?

What about "They Say...."

They say a lot of crap if you ask me.

Zero tolerance for:

Stupidity.

The Boston Red Sox (especially)

The Buffalo Bills.

Anyone who treats fire/ems like its a hobby or a cool thing instead of with pride, honor and professionalism....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I always knew there was a reason I got along with you, ALS!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

alsfirefighter wrote:

Zero tolerance for:

Stupidity.

The New York YANKEES

The Buffalo Bills.

I might have read wrong, but I agree with all of the above. I just can't believe how much You,648 and myself are on the same wave length

alsfirefighter wrote:  

Zero tolerance for:  

Stupidity.  

The New York YANKEES

The Buffalo Bills.  

I might have read wrong, but I agree with all of the above.  I just can't believe how much You,648 and myself  are on the same wave length

Now that's damn scary!lol

Doc be careful what you quote from....you copied NY Truckie...I never said have zero tolerance for the yanks.... I said the dirtbag Red Sox.

Doc be careful what you quote from....you copied NY Truckie...I never said  have zero tolerance for the yanks.... I said the dirtbag Red Sox.

Ok, I know you may be a Yankee fan and that's a good thing but you guys still have so much in common that it's still a bit scary! LOL!

"dirtbag" Red Sox's, That's getting negative. Thats not nice, just because the The Yankees haven't bought a world series in a couple of years, relax.

Buffs shouldn't have sirens ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I too never siad I can't stand the NY Yanks - You will NEVER hear me say that.

Funny story I feel should be shared - I was at one of the recent BoSox/Yankees games at Yankees Stadium. I ran into someone in the restroom that had a Yanks jersey on. The back of the Jersey was:

Steinbrenner

. $ $

=D>

I really don't need to hear about your bathroom habits.

Don't hide it - I know you are fantisizing about me in the shower right now!! [-X

Art,

Anyone who fantisizes about you in the shower needs their head examined. Now I have to find a way to get that disgusting thought out of my head.

Oh the Trauma, I need CISM before I can shower again thanks 648

Anyone who treats fire/ems like its a hobby or a cool thing instead of with pride, honor and professionalism

thats a good one

I cant tolerate:

people who just stand around a fire scene

unsafe work habits

the people who sue cause the sirens are too loud and the lights to bright

Boston Red Sox fans who are so happy the team won there second WS in 80 something years, and forget that the score is 26-2 in favor of the Yanks

How about the people who slow down and get in your way when you have a blule light on, and then ask you why it took so long when the alarm is at their house!

WOW, this is my first time reading this thread, but its awesome!!! Congrats NYTruckie for starting an excellent thread where everyone has gotten a chance to vent lol! This was a perfect thread for alsfirefighter to reply to, as we all can see lol! Sorry als, nothing negative, just knew you'd love to jump on this. Als, again, excellent reply! You never cease to amaze, whether it be a post about fire or ems, or posts such as this, you always say it how it is brother lol!

WolfEMT....WOW, i thought i was the only one who wondered why Jersey drivers love to slam on their brakes for no reason lol! I travel on I-287 (and other NJ roadways) usually once a week & i observe first hand the crappiest driving ever! You'll be crusing along (in the left lane of course :D ), doing about 70mph & the moron in front of you gives a nice brake check & you're going from 70 to about 50 lol. You look ahead and see nothing, you get in the middle lane and see that there is about a mile of open road in form of the moron & wonder what the hell was he/she braking for? Sorry, but god does that ever piss me off!

Also, on the topic of Jersey. Is it me or do Jersey drivers refuse to move into the slower lanes of traffic? Again, I-287 is a 65mph zone (for the most part), but people still love to do 55-60 in the left lane! When you approach them, they do not speed up & they don't move to the right, even when there are no vehicles to impinge on their lane-change! And yeah, they definately don't understand the whole move to the right for emergency vehicles thing either. But then again, most people don't!

Side note lol - i drove our Utility (cascade) truck out to Mohegan recently for a structure fire...god bless the men & women, career & volunteer of the Mohegan FD! We got called out at around 2:30 in the afternoon & what a nightmare Rt. 6 was! People were cutting me off left & right, moving to the left & just stopping wherever, gotta love it lol! Sorry, just venting. Thank god for alsfirefighter's EVOC course, it kept me form losing my mind & got us there safe lol! So i can't just say that Jersey drivers suck at pulling over for emergency vehicles...because its everywhere lol!

BFD - I used to go to school in Jersey 4 days a week. Once I graduated - I swear my blood pressure and stress level plummeted!

And on a side note - Connecticut drivers aren't any better. I swear turn signals aren't standard equiptment. Then again, that goes for half the drivers in the south half of the county!

BFD - I used to go to school in Jersey 4 days a week. Once I graduated - I swear my blood pressure and stress level plummeted!

And on a side note - Connecticut drivers aren't any better. I swear turn signals aren't standard equiptment. Then again, that goes for half the drivers in the south half of the county!

And I didn't think you had any class. :D :twisted: Nothing is wrong with Connecticut drivers, I don't even have to wear my motorcycle helmet.

I must have to agree with 648 :blahblah: now about Connecticut drivers. I was delayed getting home this am 4 times once I got into Ct due to the optional turn signals. So I was wondering is that going to be a new thing they put on cars? Like California emissions...Connecticut Blinkers? :-k

I have zero tolerance for....

Nightly / Daily pager or radios tests from Departments who handle more then one alarm per day.

The whole Paid Vs. Volunteer debate.

The lack of respect the entire FD service gets, especially at budget time.

The "foreign" radio traffic that plagues 46.26!!!

Police Departments that dispatch Fire Departments - it's not the 1950's anymore!

The Motorola Minitor III pager.

Fire Departments that don't ever train / drill.

Everyone that tries to sound like FDNY over the radio but can't do it right.

People that call themselves Firefighters and they don't wear gear, don't don a pack and direct traffic at every call. GIMME A BREAK!

People that use the passing lane to coast.

The amount of garbage on our highways - especially Route 9.

And last, but not least...I have zero tolerance for people who choose to bad-mouth or insult our nation's military. These people are willing to risk their lives to ensure our way of life, and yet people choose to criticize them. To these people I say "Get in your $50K SUV, drive to your $1.5 Mil mansion, put on your huge flat-screen TV with the satellite link and watch CNN. Our country's men and women are in a battle to help ensure the future of all of us!!! Show them you support them - and please, just shut the F up!!!

Zero tolerance for:

Bad Village boards,

Crappy Transports "for a man and his 'boys',!"