Guest NYTruckie

Zero Tolerance For

164 posts in this topic

Zero tolerance for:

Incompetent and stupid people

Supervisors that can't do my job but yet evaluate my performance

Extending on what remember585 said:

Zero Tolerance for:

Firefighters who only get half-dressed (if that) becuase they think that this residential alarm is just another "routine" call.

Full gear and packed up for everything until your told otherwise!

Add to that FD's who use junior officers to d training who don't even have the proper training themselves. ](*,)

-Supervisors who have never worked the street where you work, yet know better...kudos to 13, who actually has been there......

-A supervisor who feels it necessary to demean and ridicule, but who looks like a whipped puppy when no one will talk to him after he pisses them off.....quelle surprise

-The same jerque telling the medics they suck at placing ET's, and forcing us to carry Combitubes......how's YOUR average you non-field riding desk pilot........

-Not having proper protective gear on your car......that's why I carry my own helmet.....what a shame.......

Yes I love it!!

Let me add a few:

Getting less and less tolerance for:

EMT's who feel the need to to monitor with leads. (Check your bls protocol, AED's are only suppose to be attached to unresponsive patients) I still have yet found a EMT-B class that teaches cardiology or a protocol that says to do this.

The same EMT's who look at you like your nuts when you say get the chair to carry them to the stretcher. "Can't they just walk?" Hmmm, hand me a strip, tell me its NSR bad CP, but let them walk to increase myocardial oxygen demand. Know your role, know your protocol.

EMT's who feel they know ALS protocols...or at least what their interpretation of it is. But then can't put a KED on or splint or wrap a laceration neatly.

Just so no one thinks I'm biased:

Agencies that let medics who can't even do basic skills on the road. Know it and still look the other way.

:oops:

Medics who act like they are better then those around them instead of teaching or explaining why they are doing something or asking for something to be done.

Medics who allow bad bls skills to be performed in front of them and don't say anything. There is a tactful way to say something as one EMT learned at a MVA I was recently at.

Students who do something because they "hear" not what they are taught or learn. There is a difference also between something taught and that can be learned also. Hoods are meant to be worn....and do not compromise firefighter safety. Not wearing one does.

Thats enough therapy for today. :D

Skooter, I feel your pain and know exactly what ur talking about.

One more, when a supervisor tells you your out of uinform and so are they.

Which is worse? A supervisor that seems to do too much (criticising) or a supervisor who didn't seem to do anything? :-k

Zero tolerance for:

The whole BLS Fly-Car discussion!!!!

Zero tolerance for.....

-Those who feel the need to wear a buff badge on their belt.....

-Commercial buses who transport with their primaries or secondaries on and stop at every light-why bother, ya maroons?

-EMTs from XXXXXVAC who park like Helen Keller and fail to have a sense of humour about it (grow a sense of humour-stop taking yourself so seriously)

-Turning your green light on to make the Ford Explorer in front of you move right, and then being seen pulling into a certain convenience store with no call in progress(I got yer license plate, wacker. wait till I have a friend run it, and call yer captain, snicker!) Moral of this story, don't f@#k with the superwacker who listens to your dispatch freq.

And yes, I DO pull over for green lights-but this putz wasn't on a call-and I confirmed this BEFORE posting.

Skooter, I feel you

Why are you feeling him? and did he return the favor? :D

Skooter - are you cheating on Plectron with Daday? [-X [-X [-X

Scooter, Plectron, Daday Hum is that enough for a circle? or am I just being a jerk?

People whose eyes roam in the mens room.

For Example

Funny story I feel should be shared - I was at one of the recent BoSox/Yankees games at Yankees Stadium. I ran into someone in the restroom that had a Yanks jersey on. The back of the Jersey was:

Steinbrenner

.   $ $

=D>

Oh and Yankee fans

People whose eyes roam in the mens room.

For Example

Funny story I feel should be shared - I was at one of the recent BoSox/Yankees games at Yankees Stadium. I ran into someone in the restroom that had a Yanks jersey on. The back of the Jersey was:

Steinbrenner

.   $ $

=D>

Oh and Yankee fans

No roaming - He happened to be in front of me in line. 2 Urinals, 4 Stalls, 30 People!!

No roaming - He happened to be in front of me in line. 2 Urinals, 4 Stalls, 30 People!!

Well for someone whose eyes were not roaming you know how many stalls, people and urinals. Eye foward in the mens room! [-X

no tolerance for the people who constantly step on you on the radio

TOM GLAVIN

Well for someone whose eyes were not roaming you know how many stalls, people and urinals. Eye foward in the mens room! [-X

That's why there's graffiti on the wall in front of you; it gives you something to read so your eyes won't roam.

Espn Zone with the little TV's even better

Yankee Fans with hope this year.

The Curse was reversed, go Red Sox

zero tolerance for:

-People who dont think I can do my job as a fire fighter because I am a female because to them all females are weak

-People who ask me "You go into actual burning buildings? but your just a volunteer."

-Teachers who don't care about the students

-People who pull you over to ask you why you have a blue light on when you're on your way to a call (It's happen to me once before)

I had to add one:

Firefighter 1 students who ask you if they have to wear their hoods and when you ask why you wouldn't....say they suck. Exactly what experience do you have to make that statement.

Then again, I have to add small minded, dinosaurs whom haven't taken a class since the 70's or 80's, probably never have worn a hood or wanted to know anything about them, nor most advancements in the fire service since they've been sitting on the duff talking about how wonderful they are or how things get done.

Mets fans who are setting themselves up for another late season collapse. Do you think yanks fans really are bothered that your playing a bit better right now? The key words are a bit better. Jeter has more rings then your organization does.

Zero Tolerance - For Motorist / Parents that have children in the front seat of a car or not in a car seat in the back [-X [-X [-X

Then again, I have to add small minded, dinosaurs whom haven't taken a class since the 70's or 80's, probably never have worn a hood or wanted to know anything about them, nor most advancements in the fire service since they've been sitting on the duff talking about how wonderful they are or how things get done. 

Wasn't it in backdraft the poster over the refrigerator "Fire service 100 years of service unimpeded by progress" :D

People slaming Mr. Bravo, when he pays for and runs the web site. How much free time do you think he has? I would bet if he has a full time job he must have almost no free time. So if you don't offer to help stop bitching

Here's some more.....

People who leave animals unattended in their cars.

Bowling, can't ever find a ball that I like.

WEATHER MEN / WOMEN!!!! They are wrong WAY TOO OFTEN.

My fire pager.

People who wail on the siren at 03:00 on a road that is normally DEAD.

Grocery shopping.

Bed head.

The NEW YORK YANKEES

Commericals about the NYC West Side Stadium

Close-talkers.

People who call your nextel while you are working to brag that they are at a bar or club and having a great time. (It's not fair!)

Oh, one last thing. CPR!!!! Every damn time I take it they change it again. Enough already! Make up your damn minds and stick with a plan! It must be a posse of High School girls creating these ideas. You know the kind I am talking about, the girls that change outfits 30 times before picking the FIRST one they tried on?!

Happy Motha's Day!!!!!

Here's some more.....

My fire pager.

The NEW YORK YANKEES

Commericals about the NYC West Side Stadium

I agree, but don't forget the people that set off the pagers :D

Also the man that is trying to keep me down

People that are "anti" animal.

Stupid People

Scooter, Plectron, Daday  Hum is that enough for a circle?  or am I just being a jerk?

Uhhhhh, he said circle jerk