Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bnechis

Spy Shot - New FDNY rear mount

11 posts in this topic

I'm very interested in how these Ferrara's are going to hold up in the City. It's wierd seeing a rear mount going to FDNY that is NOT a Seagrave.

At what point do they go to Nebraska? Are they driven from Louisianna to Nebraska for aerial installation and then back again?

Thanks for the shots!

At what point do they go to Nebraska? Are they driven from Louisianna to Nebraska for aerial installation and then back again?

Thanks for the shots!

The Chassie is flat bedded to NE. Ladder / systems installed then flat bedded back to LA

I'm very interested in how these Ferrara's are going to hold up in the City. It's wierd seeing a rear mount going to FDNY that is NOT a Seagrave.

I agree with jcoppola, it is wierd seeing a rig that isn't a Seagrave going to a frontline rig(not a rescue or special unit). From what I've heard, the Ferrara engines aren't extremely well liked in Manhattan, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with their not holding up.

If there were significant problems with Ferrara's ability to construct a reliable rig they would not have been selected. They have a variety of rigs running in several different capacities. Seagraves recent quality and warranty troubles in NYC are well documented. As long as the ladder goes up and the rig rolls, how much does it really matter?

M' Ave and bad box like this

They run them down here in Houston, Texas. And well Houston isn't exactly a one horse town neither. :P:D:D

I agree with jcoppola, it is wierd seeing a rig that isn't a Seagrave going to a frontline rig(not a rescue or special unit). From what I've heard, the Ferrara engines aren't extremely well liked in Manhattan, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with their not holding up.
If there were significant problems with Ferrara's ability to construct a reliable rig they would not have been selected. They have a variety of rigs running in several different capacities. Seagraves recent quality and warranty troubles in NYC are well documented. As long as the ladder goes up and the rig rolls, how much does it really matter?

It does not matter if the Ferrara will hold up better or worst than the seagrave, They were selected, not because they were better, but because Seagrave did not want to sell ladders to FDNY.

I believe that Seagrave submitted a bid that contained many exceptions and, while cheaper, it didn't meet spec and was passed over.

A rig is a rig is a rig....the engine and trans. are the same that Seagrave would have installed. I'm sure that the spec contains some very specific components and, would there-for be the same, not matter who builds it. It's all in the spec.

Could they turn out to be junk? Sure could! That said, I don't know what's so special about the Seagrave either. It's very loud in the back, it rides as though the air in the tires is the only suspension and it's out of service PLENTY. Never mind that it's not even 10 years old and there is rust you could put your finger through.

I have nothing to do with the spec or ordering, but I must say, from the sidelines Ferrara is pretty impressive and eager to show-off. The web-site and photos are encouraging. Looks like someone is taking some pride in their product.

Alpinerunner and bad box like this

Nice pics!