Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

NYPD Counterterrorism docs found intact in garbage

4 posts in this topic

I found this story posted on radioreference.com. While I think the documents in question could have been disposed of in a more tactful manner. The blogger does have the right to post the story. However that said, I think the posting of the actual documents on the net was pretty irresponsible on the bloggers part. Any other opinions out there?

http://animalnewyork.com/2011/05/the-nypd-needs-to-do-a-better-job-of-destroying-their-terrorism-prevention-plans/

x635 likes this

I found this story posted on radioreference.com. While I think the documents in question could have been disposed of in a more tactful manner. The blogger does have the right to post the story. However that said, I think the posting of the actual documents on the net was pretty irresponsible on the bloggers part. Any other opinions out there?

http://animalnewyork...evention-plans/

The web address says it all. Aside from that , is it not illegal to go "dumpster diving for documents" outside a police precinct. Also, I am surprised that the website is still up and running. You would think the site would be down and someone would be getting a virtual colonoscopy for posting it.

I understand freedom of the press and stand 100% by our constitutional rights... but seriously, why would a news agency actually PUBLISH THE DOCUMENTS? Why not present a story ABOUT this, not present the ACTUAL documents!

geesh. We can be our own worst enemies at times.

OK sure we can complain all day about the morons that post this stuff, but... Come on really? This is how you clear out the documents? Hell even in no-where Maine we shred any and all documents containing anything with peoples names on it. You have to expect that some idiot is dumpster diving, since we know they do it.

peterose313 likes this