Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

1/64 Code 3 FDNY Ladder 46 Seagrave Aerialscope M II Diecast

11 posts in this topic

Code 3 has released FDNY Ladder 46, operates a new 2010 Seagrave Marauder II/Aerialscope II 75'. There are 4,000 made, with the price being $89.00 for non Code 3 club members, and $79.00 for club members.

I don't know, from the photo and maybe it's just the photo, the detailing seems..well, quite plain and generic, compared to what Code 3 had been getting better at a few years ago, but this seems like they jacked the price (a lot) and lowered the quality.

I would still want to purchase it, but at $90.00 and 4,000 made.....I think I may wait it out a bit.

Take a look for yourself:

http://www.code3.net/product/detail.asp?item=13059

And, for reference, this is the actual apparatus:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/bronx/e81.htm

sfrd18 and TAPSJ like this

Nice truck! It's nice to see when Code 3 comes out with new tooling.

However, going along with what x635 said, I agree that Code 3 has perhaps lowered their quality in recent years. If you look at some of their older models, the quality is there and speaks for itself. However, with some of the later models they have made, particularly the SFFD Truck 4 ALF open-cab tiller, upon closer look, you can see that there were some areas that Code 3 could have done better in. As for the price, it's probably consistent with everything else becoming more and more expensive, with the economy and all. All-in-all, Code 3 does make great models and a thumbs up for this one.

I might just add it to my collection.

Even though I intend to photograph said rig tomorrow, it really isn't all that special or tricked out. It's very plain. The grill is a little off, but all in all, it doesn't look all that bad. I'll swing by the firehouse later next week to see if they got any.

Even though I intend to photograph said rig tomorrow, it really isn't all that special or tricked out. It's very plain. The grill is a little off, but all in all, it doesn't look all that bad. I'll swing by the firehouse later next week to see if they got any.

With the problems with all the new rigs these days I would call ahead to make sure it's in service.

They drove past the chateau earlier. 81 I think is still out with clogged fuel injectors.

Code-3 had been kinda going down hill lately. I too remember the older rig that were detailed and looked good. I know I am being a little knit picky but i think they could have included the stokes basket on this model. That is one of my issues with Code-3. If you look at all the models in one chassis type, the only thing they change is the number on the side. Each fire company has a different rig. Some guys have the water cooler on the side, some guys have it on the back step, and so on. They are all so generic. With the increase in price, they should up the details. I mean if you bought one FDNY rig, then you have no need to buy another. They are all the same (to some extent). I know you need to mass produce these things, but make them a little different.

I loved the whole Diamond Plate series. You paid more money but damn you got your moneys worth! The detail was amazing. They included all the subtle details. Plus they were big, which was nice. :D

Woke up a little late, but now I am definitely going to see if I can photograph the rig today.

I've noticed Code 3 is very hit and miss. Some of the new seagrave engines were on it, same with the pierce aerials. But with the price its often hard to justify IMO.

I think at least part of the problems facing Code 3 are the various changes in the corporate structure, and the different factories they've been using as a result. Yes, back in the early 2000s, the quality and detail were second to none......a far cry from today, which, as was mentioned, is "hit or miss" anymore.

I will be buying this piece at some point, but like Seth mentioned, at that price and with that many of them, I doubt it's gonna disappear right away.