Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Trivia - Old Firehouse New Life / Updated 9/18/11

71 posts in this topic

Pat, that was a good one. I have been meaning to bring my camera to work so i could get a shot of the old Cortlandt Eng. Co. Figures JT beat me to it and knew it lol. I figured it wouldnt be fair for a Tri-Villager to make a guess.

It later became the Montrose Free Library, but is currently a dance studio i believe.

the original fire house was just facing down orchard street (coles market parking lot). the first brick was laid in sept. 1920. the addition of the three bays on the kings ferry rd side was done around the late 1940's. when montrose fd bought the old 123 and old 122. the property of the current fire house was purchased from the Hendrick Hudson School District for $1.00. i believe when the ladder was purchased was when the new fire house was being built. when im at the fire house i will see what pictures i can dig up and ill get them posted. any questions please ask if i dont know the answer i will try and found out from our older members.

the original fire house was just facing down orchard street (coles market parking lot). the first brick was laid in sept. 1920. the addition of the three bays on the kings ferry rd side was done around the late 1940's. when montrose fd bought the old 123 and old 122. the property of the current fire house was purchased from the Hendrick Hudson School District for $1.00. i believe when the ladder was purchased was when the new fire house was being built. when im at the fire house i will see what pictures i can dig up and ill get them posted. any questions please ask if i dont know the answer i will try and found out from our older members.

I have a bunch of shots on my computer ken. I'll try and send them to you if u want. Had to find some shots for pops... he kinda volunteered me for the historical comm.

Served as firehouse in Westchester County.

post-23-0-69850400-1316017641.jpg

I didn't see this identified. It's Briarcliff Manor, replaced by a new building a couple hundred feet down the road in the mid/late 60's.

I didn't see this identified. It's Briarcliff Manor, replaced by a new building a couple hundred feet down the road in the mid/late 60's.

Correct Briarcliff Manor FD.

Former Westchester Co. Firehouse

post-23-0-83916700-1316394005.jpg

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Let me see................

Let me see................

Vikings .... lol

post-18998-0-30753000-1310093892.jpg

Maybe I'll throw one out there... This seems fun. Any guesses? Department and location?

Montrose, on Albany Post across from the new firehouse.

post-23-0-43779800-1317861874.jpg

Click to enlarge

Hint : Town of Mt Pleasant

Valhalla?

Correct Valhalla