Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

FDNY Marine 9 "FireFighter 2"

10 posts in this topic

I hope that something good will happen with the original Firefighter. She is a national historic landmark. She started her tour of duty in 1932! I think it would be cool if she became part of the Intrepid museum or something like that. There is a lot of history in her.

I hope that something good will happen with the original Firefighter. She is a national historic landmark. She started her tour of duty in 1932! I think it would be cool if she became part of the Intrepid museum or something like that. There is a lot of history in her.

Its hard enough to keep one boat funded and maintained. We don't need another out there.

Its hard enough to keep one boat funded and maintained. We don't need another out there.

Ahhhh so we take a piece of American firefighting history and what cut her up for scrap? Thank God for people like those who run the John J. Harvey and treasure American history not people who want to get rid of it. So I am guessing your not a big fan of history and preserving our past so we can learn from it to teach our future. If you really read what I wrote I said it would be nice to see it go a museum like institution.

Here are two photos taken last Saturday from the Intrepid

post-193-0-93931100-1311364147.jpg

post-193-0-72025000-1311364169.jpg

firedude likes this

Ahhhh so we take a piece of American firefighting history and what cut her up for scrap? Thank God for people like those who run the John J. Harvey and treasure American history not people who want to get rid of it. So I am guessing your not a big fan of history and preserving our past so we can learn from it to teach our future. If you really read what I wrote I said it would be nice to see it go a museum like institution.

Woah....easy. I think he's suggesting that we have one historic FDNY vessel that is being preserved as a museum and it's hard enough to find the funding and dedication for that. There are a great deal of vessels from the FDNY fleet that made saves, battled historic waterfront and vessel fires and we can't save them all. I wish we could. I wish there were places for all the historic boats, but there aren't. We have one museum piece and should focus efforts there.

Additionally, the condition of the Firefighter was poor. The hull had reportedly been plated over several times and was in need of an extensive refit.

Woah....easy. I think he's suggesting that we have one historic FDNY vessel that is being preserved as a museum and it's hard enough to find the funding and dedication for that. There are a great deal of vessels from the FDNY fleet that made saves, battled historic waterfront and vessel fires and we can't save them all. I wish we could. I wish there were places for all the historic boats, but there aren't. We have one museum piece and should focus efforts there.

Additionally, the condition of the Firefighter was poor. The hull had reportedly been plated over several times and was in need of an extensive refit.

Sorry if I came across a little strong..... just dont want to see a registered landmark be lost. I know the boat had a major renovation a few years ago. I just think it would make a great part of the Intrepid Air and Sea museum or something like that. If I had the $$$ I would love to buy it....lol