Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ffmc36

Hidden Rooms/Secret Passageways: A Search Teams NIghtmare

6 posts in this topic

I've seen posts like this on other sites and thought I'd share here. The link is to a slideshow of rooms that are a search team's nightmare. Has anyone ever come across rooms/passageways like these firsthand?

My link

I've seen them plenty of times although never as elegant as that. Go to any City that has a large immigrant population and you will plenty of illegal subdivided housing. We has a room and contents fire going one day in what we thought was a second floor bedroom. We made the top of the stairs before the engine company to find padlocks on every door. We were like "WTF", upper class neighborhood too.

Edited by NJMedic1123

"Red Roof" otherwise properly known as Blind Brook Estates in Rye Brook, some homes have secret rooms but nothing to the extent seen in that slideshow. Those are pretty sweet. The one with the stair case is how I get to my bat-mobile :ph34r:

I know a guy who has a secret room - not around here, but out in the mid-west. It is a home archery shop / man cave hidden behind a custom wooden book case. While it is a very cool idea, it obviously has it pitfalls.

Also, check this link from VES.com. It is a small sleeping room with two children's beds recessed into a knee wall, and covered with a sliding curtain.

http://www.vententersearch.com/?p=1433

Not so much "secret rooms" or "secret passages", but many mansions and estates have hidden hallways and rooms for the staff so they are not seen when performing some of their duties or moving around the house.