Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJMedic

NJ EMS Task Force Ambulance Buses

13 posts in this topic

Delivery this morning was the first of 11 Medical Ambulance Buses slated for delivery to 8 counties and two cities in the Northern NJ UASI. Bus 1 is operated by the EMS Division of the Elizabeth Fire Department on behalf of the NJ EMS Task Force.

post-3609-0-86821300-1311884618.jpg

post-3609-0-56653400-1311884630.jpg

post-3609-0-98968800-1311884639.jpg

Edited by NJMedic
firedude, x635, TAPSJ and 2 others like this

WOW!!! What Do They Use It For?? Any Inside Pics Or Specs??? Nice Pictures!!!

Thomas

WOW!!! What Do They Use It For?? Any Inside Pics Or Specs??? Nice Pictures!!!

Thomas

I don't have any inside pics yet but they have portable stretchers for 26 patients, a couple of wheelchair mounts, pre-piped oxygen and suction, equipped to the BLS level. We be used for Incident Rehab, MCI Response, on-scene treatment, medical facility evacuation, Haz Mat dressing, whatever anyone wants it for within reason. I heard FDNY has order nine.

TAPSJ likes this

Thats Awesome, Best Of Luck!!!

Thomas

Is every bus given to a department to run on behalf of the task force ?

Is every bus given to a department to run on behalf of the task force ?

Correct, there are no stand alone NJEMSTF vehicles. All are operated by different agencies.

Bus 2 arrived today. Going to the Shark River Hills First Aid Squad in Neptune Township, Monmouth Countypost-3609-0-94004800-1312473913.jpg

I don't have any inside pics yet but they have portable stretchers for 26 patients, a couple of wheelchair mounts, pre-piped oxygen and suction, equipped to the BLS level. We be used for Incident Rehab, MCI Response, on-scene treatment, medical facility evacuation, Haz Mat dressing, whatever anyone wants it for within reason. I heard FDNY has order nine.

wait so fdny will have 9 of these with the merv units???

That doesn't sound right. First, I have no idea where we'd put 9 of these. We have enough trouble with our 5 MERVs and the MRTU, BOB. BOB is up for replacement and there was a bid out for it. I've heard talk in the past about adding a second MRTU, but I've yet to see anything come of it.

wait so fdny will have 9 of these with the merv units???

I haven't heard that we ordered 9 I did hear that we ordered a new MRTU ( aka BOB which is short for big oxygen bus). I believe we only had one of those, we maybe ordered 5 MRTU's ( one for each borough like the merv)

These two new units took part in a drill at Ocean Medical Center, in Brick NJ slong other agencies from NJ

post-19552-0-36270600-1313720847.jpg

post-19552-0-63124400-1313720869.jpg

That doesn't sound right. First, I have no idea where we'd put 9 of these. We have enough trouble with our 5 MERVs and the MRTU, BOB. BOB is up for replacement and there was a bid out for it. I've heard talk in the past about adding a second MRTU, but I've yet to see anything come of it.

Word on the street (take that from where it comes from) is that FDNY ordered 9. I've been in the MERVs and the design of the Buses is different from the MERVS as is the mission. The MRTU is closer to the design of the Buses then the MERVs are.

Edited by NJMedic