Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Out and About - Pacific Northwest

34 posts in this topic

Great photos. My wife freaks when I stop to take a photo of something public safety related. I yell back at her saying its 10 seconds out of her life. I didn't know the Sun was visable from Seattle. I spent 5 days in Seattle a couple of years ago. I've had better weather in Ireland. Overcast and foggy for 5 days straight. The Sub cam out on my drive to the airport, figures.

That is so true about Seattle. I've spent weeks out there; without a hint of sunshine. It gets so bad you end up with an IV full of Starbucks, and toothpicks holding your eyelids open!

BFD1054 likes this

Great photos. My wife freaks when I stop to take a photo of something public safety related. I yell back at her saying its 10 seconds out of her life. I didn't know the Sun was visable from Seattle. I spent 5 days in Seattle a couple of years ago. I've had better weather in Ireland. Overcast and foggy for 5 days straight. The Sub cam out on my drive to the airport, figures.

Thanks, glad you liked the photos. I must say, my wife is cool as hell and isnt bothered by much. I try and make my public safety "photo shoots" as quick as possible though. However, sometimes its easy to lose track of time when talking with other emergency service personel. I dont want to take up too much of our vacation time any more than she does. I just treat her to a nice dinner and drinks to thank her lol.

The weather was crazy in Oregon and Washington when we were there. Everyone was saying we lucked out and must have brought the east coast weather with us. We were prepared for damp, rainy, dreary, overcast days. We packed our raincoats, as well as jeans, long sleeve shirts and hoodies. Somehow, it was hot as hell and i was in shorts and a tee-shirt 99% of the time.

Figures though. We spent last week in Myrtle Beach (SC), Nags Head (NC) and Ocean City (MD) and had to come home early because of Irene.

Edited by BFD1054

It was in my vows about taking photos, lol.

My wife and I used to travel a lot. Then came our little girl, which some would say stops them from traveling, but she's already traveling and loving it! She's going to see a lot of places as she grows up.

Again, I'm glad you had a great time and got great photos.