Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Hiring Instructors for Fire / Rescue Training

9 posts in this topic

We've used a number of different instructors and training companies for training over the years. Some good, some great, some not so good.

I'm calling upon all of you in the know for your assistance.

If you were looking to host any of the following programs, who would you utilize?

You don't have to answer publicly, you can send me a PM.

PS - this isn't a survey or motivated by anything devious, I'm looking to bring some new stuff to our department.

Thanking you all in advance!

- Extrication Training

- Rope Rescue Training

- Water / Ice Rescue Training

- Coast Guard classes

- Boat Operations

- Elevator Rescue Operations

- Officer Development

- FAST/RIT and Mayday Operations

- Anything else you can think of.

Edited by Remember585
x635 and MJP399 like this

Some of the resources we've used in the past few years include;

Applied Rescue Techniques

Lifesaving Resources

Mike Wilbur

Gary Siegel

2nd Source SolutionsBilly Goldfeder

Bill Perritt

DRW Enterprises

Firehouse Innovations

So, as you can see, we're always looking to bring in new instructors and sharpen our skills.

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks.

x635 likes this

Was on a class out west with the gentleman below, he seemed very knowledgable ...

Tony Tricarico

Captain - Squad Company 252 (Ret)

FDNY - Special Operations Command

631-514-1291

Of course there is also http://www.dragonrescue.com/ with Mike Dragonetti (who is on here) who has a wealth of knowledge.

x635 likes this

CTR, captial tech rescue in the albany area does most it not all of those topics

x635 likes this

Thanks for the info gang. I've received 10-11 PMs and I do appreciate it!

x635 likes this

First Due Training, Capital Tech Rescue, Applied Rescue Technique, Tech Rescue Corp (from the Rochester Area) are all great. It all depends on what you are looking for. First Due and CTR work hand in hand with eachother and are even advertising together. I know the owners of all the companies listed and can tell you that they are all top notch.

Edited by nysff

DRM.. Dragon Rescue Management For Elevator Rescue he also teaches other Tecnical classes as well. He has a Website and a lot of our readres here have been in his classes. I have the pleasure to work with Mike everyday in the Firehouse.

Water Rescue would hands down have to be Dive Rescue International. Make sure your members can pass the IADRS swim test prior to the in water testing as they have no problem failing students if they cannot safely swim. The swim test is mentioned in the NFPA 1670 standard.

They are the company that Yorktown's Dive/Swift/whatever+water team uses to train all of their members and have been extremely supportive and helpful throughout their training over the years. Most of their classes are spaced out through the country, as well as internationally, such as their swift water courses in Canada, to get you accustomed to "Big Water." They'll send instructors out to our area as well to teach classes for Ice Rescue, and other water rescue needs. Seriously consider them as your primary source for water training as they go above and beyond the NYS level courses.

Somers FD recently had the team from Dragon Rescue Management here to teach the Elevator Emergeny class. It was one of the best to the point classes I have ever taken. Definitely learned a lot from it. Hopefully in the future we can have them back for some more training!!

Thanks again guys