Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Another outstanding rescue by CA air crews

5 posts in this topic

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8358826

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department released video showing a daring helicopter rescue off a cliff in Eaton Canyon.

Deputies said a young woman and two men were trapped near a waterfall about 100 feet above the canyon floor on Sept. 11. A sheriff's rescue helicopter hovered above the hikers as paramedic deputies were lowered down.

The three were lifted from the cliff and taken to a safe place where they were able to walk away unharmed.

One of the best Law Enforcement based aviation programs in the country, in my opinion. I rode with them a couple of times back several years ago, and was impressed. I think I heard that they are phasing in (14) new helicopters, wonder which aircraft was used?

Kudos on a great rescue!

One of the best Law Enforcement based aviation programs in the country, in my opinion. I rode with them a couple of times back several years ago, and was impressed. I think I heard that they are phasing in (14) new helicopters, wonder which aircraft was used?

Kudos on a great rescue!

Yup, between the County and the City they have about 30 police helicopters and are always in the air. The left coast definitely makes the most of these assets.

This rescue was made by the crew of Rescue 5, a soon to be retired Sikorsky H-3.

post-4772-0-60841400-1316698548.jpg

post-4772-0-62099500-1316698575.jpg

post-4772-0-39759200-1316698583.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Awesome grab, these guys are always pulling off the impossible and they make it seem easy. Brings to mind the hoist that the Air/Sea guys from NYPD did out at West Point in the middle of the night during that storm.

Both of them are top notch outfits.