Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD389RET

Private Ambulance Dispatcher/Call Taker (Putnam County)

17 posts in this topic

Dispatcher/Call Taker (Putnam County)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-09-25, 3:27PM EDT

Reply to: job-9qwjm-2577987324@craigslist.org

We are an established Ambulance company covering most of the Greater Hudson Valley area. We are seeking a F/T dependable dispatcher/call taker with experience.

Duties include but not limited to:

• Dispatching EMS staff

• Superior skills at solving problems. Successfully recognizing potential situations and proactively managing before problems occur.

• Customer Service: Answering phones, data entry, responding to e-mails.

• Ability to multi-task and deal with several issues simultaneously.

Edited by BFD389RET

Dispatcher/Call Taker (Putnam County)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-09-25, 3:27PM EDT

Reply to: job-9qwjm-2577987324@craigslist.org

We are an established Ambulance company covering most of the Greater Hudson Valley area. We are seeking a F/T dependable dispatcher/call taker with experience.

Duties include but not limited to:

• Dispatching EMS staff

• Superior skills at solving problems. Successfully recognizing potential situations and proactively managing before problems occur.

• Customer Service: Answering phones, data entry, responding to e-mails.

• Ability to multi-task and deal with several issues simultaneously.

This isnt Putnam County 911 right????

Looks like Care 3 to me or whatever they are going by this week.

This isnt Putnam County 911 right????

Looks like Care 3 to me or whatever they are going by this week.

NOO its NOT anything "real" (911 or Municiple) my reason in posting this is after all how good is any private ambulance service that advertises for help ON Craigslist...... I just find it astounding any self respecting anyone would post offerings on Craigslist... gawd

Edited by BFD389RET

since i haven't been active in quite some time, who the heck is Care 3? also, yeah the craigslist posting would kind of throw me too.

I think they mean Care 1, which is the latest incarnation of Regional EMS/Empire State Ambulance/Hudson Valley Paramedics

What's the salary like

umm why don't you write the address on Craigslist and ask em... Maybe its a Putnam Cty dispatcher who is subcontracting his side job out..... I posted it because I though It was pretty scary even for a private ambulance service to be hiring off Craigslist like that given the sorts of information this sort of job would allow the right type of crimminal(s) .. access

Care1 is out of dutchess. not putnam. and who cares who it is. pretty sure they are doing it to give people jobs. no sure what the big deal is.

What's the problem? It's an ad, no different from the classifieds or the back of a trade magazine.

If they are hiring sight unseen solely off an email response, then yes, I agree that is cause for concern. I would think, however, that they would do their due diligence and bring respondents in for an interview, perform background checks, etc.

And no, I do not work for whatever company this is purported to be.

PEMO3, Alpinerunner, OoO and 1 other like this

umm why don't you write the address on Craigslist and ask em... Maybe its a Putnam Cty dispatcher who is subcontracting his side job out..... I posted it because I though It was pretty scary even for a private ambulance service to be hiring off Craigslist like that given the sorts of information this sort of job would allow the right type of crimminal(s) .. access

So, if the want ad were posted in the New York Times or even EMTBravo.com, no nefarious characters would have access to it? Not sure where you’re going with this. When recruiting you post in all types of places and mediums. “Criminals” as you say can’t actually be weeded out until they reach the interview stage or the background investigation, as the case may be.

Personally, I've found Craigslist a great place to unload some unwanted stuff. Quite a few people use CL as an active online marketplace.

What's the problem? It's an ad, no different from the classifieds or the back of a trade magazine.

If they are hiring sight unseen solely off an email response, then yes, I agree that is cause for concern. I would think, however, that they would do their due diligence and bring respondents in for an interview, perform background checks, etc.

And no, I do not work for whatever company this is purported to be.

Sorry NurseMedic, I posted before getting to your reply. No intent to raise some of the same points you already covered. ;)

Sorry NurseMedic, I posted before getting to your reply. No intent to raise some of the same points you already covered. ;)

No worries, great minds think alike! (Very eerily alike, in this case :D )

Having worked there. They are a reputable company, and have their problems like any other agency does. They just went through some mgmt and ownership changes, hence the name change. They are not a totally horrible place to work for.