joetnymedic

Greenburgh EMS SUV for auction

9 posts in this topic

March 2011

post-23-0-36379900-1318728928.jpg

March 2011

post-23-0-36379900-1318728928.jpg

Was this a training evolution? B)

PS: For $25 you could make a few hundred just getting it over to the junkyard.

Edited by efdcapt115

Was this a training evolution? B)

No , Not a drill. 0650 hrs ,,,,started the vehicle up for the day .

Additional scene photos for this fire on the Fairview Fire Dept Facebook page.

Suppression & Rescue Photo album

Anybody know why the rear hatch is all cut up?

13c.JPG

I would say that all of the locks on the Tahoe are battery actuated - even by key. Since there is nothing left of the electrical system, this was the only safe way to get to all of the EMS supplies. Shattering the glass would have sprayed glass over all of the smoke/water contaminated supplies and equipment I guess.

Of course this is a hypothetical guess.

Greenburgh squeezes every bit out of their fleet. They have excellent mechanics who make this possible.

However, stuff happens, especially when you have a Town Supervisor who doesn't fund a proper fleet replacement program and hire enough mechanics to do proper PM. And when you keep your fleet outside, especially Paramedic cars with no shoreline for a heater so they are running 24/7, it takes it's toll.

I think this is the second vehicle fire in their fleet in the past year....their heavy wrecker also caught fire in the garage but was quickly extinguished by Hartsdale FD, but it was a complete loss.

They can afford to build a Town Library for $70+ million on prime real estate, but the PD can't get new operational facilities at the abandoned Frank's Nursery property. Just keep them crammed in where they are.

Greenburgh PD is one of the best around, despite the neglect they get by the Town. They have to depend on grants for everything.

firefighter59 and efdcapt115 like this

i was looking at the other vehicles they had on the block. The suburbans aren't bad but unfortunately were used for plowing so they took a beating. They also have the same car I just bought from Putnam PD up here in CT which is a 2003 I have a bit higher mileage, but the greenburgh car is pretty cheap and only has like 83K on it. It was a K( SWAT car, but the paint is shot and I didn't see any interior pics so my guess is that the interior is beat too. Vics are great as they can take one hell of a beating and keep going. What gets me is that Putnam retired my car and then with the bidding process just bought a bunch of 2011's at get this 23K a pop. That's a damn good price for a brand new car fresh out of the box