Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voltage1256

Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Literally

10 posts in this topic

Thought this was a pretty interesting article:

Exotic Animals Escaped, Possibly released from Farm:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/19/exotic-animals-escape-owner-found-dead_n_1019286.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk3|105511

I'm not sure if this is the right place for the topic, but do we have any areas in Westchester or the surrounding area whether they are private or public that have large exotic animals (I don't mean the Bronx Zoo :lol: )? What resources do we have for an incident like this? Although... 48 animals?! Geez!

Edited by voltage1256

Glad we have the 2nd amendment... That "Right to 'bear' arms" might come in handy when you get caught in a hand to hand death match

Bnechis likes this

There are several locations in Westchester that have "exotic" animals. The Steinhart Property on Bedford Hills/Katonah/Mt. Kisco has several zebras, giraffes and other non-native species.

There are additionally alpaca, emu and goat farms in No. West.

What resources would "we" need?

Worst case scenario is one of the aggressive animals mauls some people...police respnd, shoot it...EMS and Fire treat and transport the victims..

I know several guys that hunt in the immediate area and they are giddy...it's like a free African Safari!

All animals with the exception of one wolf and one monkey have been accounted for, either killed or captured.

There are several locations in Westchester that have "exotic" animals. The Steinhart Property on Bedford Hills/Katonah/Mt. Kisco has several zebras, giraffes and other non-native species.

There are additionally alpaca, emu and goat farms in No. West.

Big difference between emu and giraffes and lions and tigers. B)

The last wolf has been reported to be shot, and only a monkey remains at large.

The last wolf has been reported to be shot, and only a monkey remains at large.

Or was dinner

when i travel to MI i used to drive by this place all the time so my little one could see all the animals. ususally they were right out front on the big part of the property. guy seemed like a real nut job to me.