Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Keep your guards up guys...

4 posts in this topic

Sometimes we can forget just how fast things can turn to crap...in all of our fields..

Stay on your toes and expect the unexpected...the holidays are coming and we need to go home to what matters..

Just stay safe please, my Class A is just fine hanging in the closet.

(fyi - I didnt add the "Everyone Goes Home" tag line to the topic, I dont know who did...I don't buy into that concept...I understand that is not realistic and don't want to sensationaize the phrase. Soemtimes we can not control that, but we can take care of us and our own. )

Edited by x129K
efdcapt115, bigrig77, FF398 and 7 others like this

Well said x129K. Anyone who is a member of an emergency service, stay safe this Thanksgiving and through the holidays and make sure everybody goes home.

SageVigiles likes this

K, just so you know, I did not add the "everybody goes home" tag line, not that I'm being blamed for it. I understand that some guys don't, like yourself, buy into that concept, while others do. I for one just tried to make the point that like what you said, we can try our best to take care of ourselves and our own out there, and I believe that whoever did add that tag line was trying to make the same point.

Understood.

Anyone who has been in a LODD scenario or department that has had one knows it is just not true. And today, I am thankful to have worked with a great man who was taken too soon this past year, RIP #22...we miss your sarcastic smile!