Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Shop Local This Holiday Season And Help Your Community-Some Ideas

5 posts in this topic

When shopping this holiday season, please try to support small, locally owned businesses.

These are the local jobs and stores that have been destroyed by Wal Mart, Home Depot, etc. The (remaining) local businesses, however, are the real power players and keeps the money and jobs in the community, and real economic growth. Don't send your money to some corporation when you don't have to. Help your community to thrive. This includes locally owned websites.

If you know of one of these local businesses that would be a good place to shop for gifts, please feel free to post here who they are, where they are, and what they sell.

P.S.: Please also consider using our advertiser's products and services...mostly all are small local businesses....they help to keep this site financially alive. Tell them you found them through EMTBravo, so they know their ad is succeeding and they continue to advertise with us.

efdcapt115, firedude, sfrd18 and 1 other like this

Indeed. Very well put Seth. These hard economic times are tough enough for small business owners without their holiday business going to larger corporations. Small businesses are what has and still makes up the backbone of this country's economy, so don't forget about them.

There is one more advantage to shopping local. In a 24 hour period there have been assaults, shootings, pepper spray, and a suspicious package in a few of the big box stores. So much for "Tis the season to be jolly". Guess I have to bring my Glock with me on my next trip to Walmart.

Locally owned toy store, one of the few left:

Miller’s Toys

335 Mamaroneck Avenue Mamaroneck, NY 10543-2609

(914) 698-5070

http://www.millerstoys.com

Doesn't always have to be an object!

Above the Clouds, Inc.

Randall Airport

PO Box 4816, Middletown, NY 10941

(845)692-2556

info@abovethecloudsinc.com

Balloon rides over the beautiful Lower Hudson Valley. Drift silently over rolling green hills and quaint towns. We are only an hour from NYC and Northern NJ. Reservations required; please call. Open April through November, two flights daily, Saturday and Sunday.

Western Trail Riding in Hyde Park

1487 Rt. 9G; Hyde Park, NY 12538

4676 Albany Post Road 2E1, Hyde Park, NY 12538

(845)453-2880

NEW THIS SEASON: weekend camping with horses. We provide the horses, the trails, the privacy and food. You provide a memory that will last for ever! Also Trail riding for children and adults; special packages and discounts. Open , by appointment only