Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFire390

Attack on Pearl Harbor December 7th 1941

7 posts in this topic

good evening everyone while i should have been good about posting this earlier i completely had a major brain fart.

Today on the 7th day of December the year 2011, marks the 70th anniversy in which many US service men and women lost their lives when the japaneese decided to bomb the pacific fleet stationed at Pearl Harbor Hawaii. this event would not only mark the entry of the United States into the 2nd World War but would make the world realize that the United States would be a "SUPER POWER". FDR would later call December 7th "A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY". so with that said lets all take a moment and pause to remember those 2,402 that were killed that awful day.

thank you everyone stay safe

Ken

RescueKujo and sfrd18 like this

True heroes. Often it is forgotten that this was the first of this type of attack on the United States, something that by today's standard would be somewhat terrorism.

I hope to visit Pearl Harbor one day to pay my respects.

Thanks for reminding us, Ken.

sfrd18 likes this

I too hope to get out to Pearl and visit the Arizona memorial in which 1600+ U.S. servicemen are still entombed. Everyone should remember that it was this event that catapulted us into the most destructive and costly war in human history to date. It was also for many the last "good war" in which our side was clearly the "good guys". From this event the U. S. lost over 500,000 dead and hundreds of thousands if not millions more wounded to rid the world of the evils of Imperialist Japan and Nazi Germany. Let us never forget the sacrifices of Dec. 7th 1941 "the day that will live in infamy" and the world war that ensued. To the rest of the world and any would be conquerors and terrorists out there may they learn from history that to attack America will spell their doom.

Cogs

Edited by FFPCogs
RescueKujo and MoFire390 like this

I too hope to get out to Pearl and visit the Arizona memorial in which 1600+ U.S. servicemen are still entombed. Everyone should remember that it was this event that catapulted us into the most destructive and costly war in human history to date. It was also for many the last "good war" in which our side was clearly the "good guys". From this event the U. S. lost over 500,000 dead and hundreds of thousands if not millions more wounded to rid the world of the evils of Imperialist Japan and Nazi Germany. Let us never forget the sacrifices of Dec. 7th 1941 "the day that will live in infamy" and the world war that ensued. To the rest of the world and any would be conquerors and terrorists out there may they learn from history that to attack America will spell their doom.

Cogs

thanks for the additional info cogs!!!!

Date is wrong. Pearl Harbor occurred on 12/7/1941 not 12/7/1945.

Fixed....