Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

K-Rock's New Format

29 posts in this topic

After being brought to my attention by T4, I found out K-Rock (92.3 FM) has a new format. I really didn't notice, since I wasn't listening to K-Rock much anymore, because they played the same songs over and over, and on top of that, they played horrible, useless bands like "The Used", "The Killers" etc. Every now and then they'd have a "90's Weekend" at which time I would listen and like. But the rest of the time, same songs, same bands, repeatedly.

After being quite skeptical of the new format first, I've been listening when I can. I actually like the new format. They play a nice mix of real rock songs, and throw in some of the 90's and retro rock quite often as well. Being WC's only fully recievable rock station, its the only and best game in town. And thankfully, they weren't taken over and didn't become yet ANOTHER spanish language station. (We used to have 107.1 and 92.7 as rock stations, then they both went wacky, then both turned spanish). The next K-Rock move I think will be interesting to see is how they do their mornings without Howard Stern in 2006. Hopefully it will be a good morning show, because I'd like something to listen to...I'm not a fan of Howard and I don't listen to his show.

The only thing I wish is for NY to get a true metal station. But hopefully, I will be getting satellite radio soon, so radio will be good again I hope.

Related link:

www.krockradio.com

Gotta agree, the new format is pretty cool. A good mix of good rock. Way to go K-Rock! =D> As for when Howard leaves, I sure hope they play music on the new show. No one plays tunes in the morning. Do they think we wanna hear all that stupid BS they talk about without being rewarded with a song or two?

"The only thing I wish is for NY to get a true metal station. But hopefully, I will be getting satellite radio soon, so radio will be good again I hope."

Here, here. My friend I doubt it's gonna happen, but I sure as hell hope it does! 8) [-o< 89.5 WSOU only comes in when it feels like it and even when it does they sometimes have other programming on it. :cry:

What happened to the good ol' days of X107! 8) 8)

WOW x635 you actually have a radio that dosent pick up fire/ems/pd...... somebody lied to us....lmao

Isnt 104.3 all rock?????

just messing with ya seth.........

104.3 is all classic rock with an ocassional "new classic". We Want SLAYER!! :headfones: 8) :weee: :twisted: 8)

Boy I guess I am showing my age...down old bastard

The Best NYC Radio Station 660 WFAN, Sports Talk Radio

When Q-104 first got started back in 94/95, they played nothing but heavy stuff, along with some classic metal. It was great for some but not very well received by the masses. Then they went back to the old reliable classic rock format. Its only bright spot is Eddie Trunks Friday Night Rocks. A lot of old school stuff with a little bit of new stuff. A nice mix. And usually some really good interviews. I thought SOU went to a more mellow format. A station that plays the metal has to be very ummm selective in what they play as so not to alienate listeners. I mean there's only so many Slayer tunes which are suitable for broadcast radio. WARY from WCC is known for playing some good and heavy stuff(if you can pick it up).

Sorry Dude, but I am not paying to listen to music. O n A aside, it's not my bag, baby.

JBE, you ARE paying to listen. You are paying your time to listen to idiotic ads and inane chatter on most broadcast stations. Satellite gives you a greater percentage of music to BS. That's the point, compadre.

hey if you can pick it up try 106.3... its Westchester's channel for WPDH, really good tunes...

I sometimes find myself listening to 90.7 WFUV, Fordham University radio station. Especially on Sunday afternoons (I love the Irish music)

im a 1050 fan but cant stand Michael Kay on the afternoon drive. 660 has way to many commercials now.

I'm gonna have to agree...XM is the way to go!!! My girlfriend bought it for me for my new truck, as a christmas gift.

If you guys love rock/metal, than XM is totally for you! Theres gotta be about 15-20 Rock stations. Some are more geared to alternative, while others toward punk-rock. But theres a few stations that play kick a$$ rock & metal, including alot of 80's stuff! For all you sport freaks out there, you can even catch all the scores with XM! XM is great whenever, but especially for a long drive! Thers soo much to choose from, that no matter what, you're bound to find something to listen to! And if not, tune to the Comedy channels, they're funny as hell!

XM is the wave of the future. I have had it for over a year now and love it. Same stations from here to California, no commercial interuption. and for you Nascar freaks there is two stations, one of the race and one of the drivers talking in there car.

The only bad part is the Playboy station cost $2.99 a month more.

The playboy station?? I've never really pictured myself as the type to drive to work listening to p***? ? ?

Squizz XL--only available on XM Satellite radio!!

WARY from WCC is known for playing some good and heavy stuff(if you can pick it up).

Ah. Good ole WARY. "The Voice of Westchester Community College". I wonder if they actually got thier new studio. I used to DJ for a short period there many years ago. Would you believe they only transmit at (IIRC) 10 watts? :-P

WARY rules!! IF you could only pick it up anywhere out of valhalla. lol.

WARY from WCC is known for playing some good and heavy stuff(if you can pick it up).

Ah. Good ole WARY. "The Voice of Westchester Community College". I wonder if they actually got thier new studio. I used to DJ for a short period there many years ago. Would you believe they only transmit at (IIRC) 10 watts? :-P

My brother DJ'ed there from 92-93.

My brother DJ'ed there from 92-93.

Wow. I might have actually known him from there then. I was there for my short stint around that time, tho the exact year slips my mind now. I never ended up freeing enough time from my classwork to be able to do it regulalry, so I didn't get a chance to get my FCC license or anything. It was fun tho while it lasted. Somewhere I think I still have a tape of me reading the news. :->

90.7 WFUV is a great station, except they play fordham baskatball games(who wants to listen to sports on the radio?!) and my other new favorite is 107.1 "the Peak", they play alot of Elvis Costello and Bob Marley n stuff

FM radio whats that.....Go XM

I'll second that, I never look back.

Does anybody here have Sirius???? Whaddya think of them?

I know someone who has sirius, and I've heard it before from what I've listened to, it sounds pretty good. But when you buy it the salesperson will tell you it never loses its signal, not true. It doesnt happen often, but when you do lose it, it could take 5-10 minutes to get it back.

Sorry Dude, but I am not paying to listen to music. O n A aside, it's not my bag, baby.

Satellite radio = cable tv

aka pay for something that was meant to be free (broadcast)

The public owns the airwaves!

PS

If you are gonna get sat radio XM is the way to go.

Still don't wanna pay for it though.