Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester Career Firefighters Academy Graduation

8 posts in this topic

I read the article on the Westchester Police Officer's academy graduation.

Since Westchester Career Chiefs Association also runs the Career Firefighters Academy, usually concurent with the Police Academy, did I miss an article regarding their academy, or have they not graduated yet?

No, i believe they graduate in January.

Where will these hire be going? I know there were some layoffs recently, hopefully everyone has been rehired.

Where will these hire be going? I know there were some layoffs recently, hopefully everyone has been rehired.

I remember seeing the majority from Long Beach LI (3-4 guys) when i was up there teaching the YFD class. One from scarsdale, a few hartsdale and larchmont and I think maybe one from portchester. Long Island does not have a fire academy?

Long Island does not have a fire academy?

Long Island does not even have career departments. Long Beach and another are the only two on the whole island (excluding the FDNY in Brooklyn and Queens)

Long Island does not even have career departments. Long Beach and another are the only two on the whole island (excluding the FDNY in Brooklyn and Queens)

the City of Long Beach and Garden City have career firefighters.

Ya they do employ a lot of people but i was just talking about the actual firefighters, not the dispatchers, janator/drivers, etc. I know they have a number of training facilities out there, most of which put the Valhalla training center to shame. Some nice props out there in Bethpage.