Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

The Peter Figoski Scholarship Fund

4 posts in this topic

As Officer Peter Figoski is laid to rest today, New Yorkers are reminded that they can still lend a hand to the hero cop’s four heartbroken daughters.

The Peter Figoski Scholarship Fund has already raised more than $500,000 from people moved by the slain officer’s determination to pay for his girls’ higher education.

Figoski single-handedly raised his daughters and could have retired years ago, but remained on the force — working the dangerous midnight shift — so he could pay for their college education while maximizing his time with his two younger kids.

http://www.nycpolicefoundation.org/netcommunity//

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/do_your_part_to_aid_kids_0yISxuDjITlvwTPPXEEGOM

JJB531 likes this

It doesn't bring their father back but it must provide some comfort to know that their educations and more are all taken care of.

The Peter Figoski Scholarship Fund is now over 1.3 MILLION dollars and donations are still coming in.

Add to this the fact that over 20,000 people, mostly police, attended his funeral. It's nice to know that people still care even if it is after the fact.

x129K, efdcapt115 and billy98988 like this

I read that article too Chris. It was very moving. The most vivid description they gave was of the police lined up and saluting up from the LIRR platform. One of the daughters glanced up and saw that. She'll always remember that glimpse, for the rest of her life.

20,000. Respect that speaks for itself.

The newspaper that helped organize and get the word out about the Fund, is to be commended in this instance. That news traveled far and overseas, and generated a response.

x129K and helicopper like this

I have been off the grid since my computer crashed and I forgot my password. I have been to too many Police and Fire funerals, and that was by far the biggest I have ever been to. We were near the LIRR standing 6 deep and I could barely hear the pipers playing. What a sad day, but a great sendoff. I hope his fund hits millions and millions more. RIP Brother!!

PFDRes47cue and x129K like this