Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just a guy

40 years ago today LODD - NYPD Officers Rocco Laurie and Gregory Foster

10 posts in this topic

40 years ago today New York City Police Officers Rocco Laurie and Gregory Foster were walking a foot post at Avenue B and E. 11th street in Manhattan. Without warning, 4 cowardly members of the BLA ambushed them from behind and shot both officers multiple times in the back. After these officers fell, these animals stood over the officers and continued to shoot. These officers were both marines who had served in Vietnam and wanted to continue their service as NYPD officers. Today we honor these brave officers for their service and sacrafice. These Officers may be gone but they will never be forgotten. Rest In Peace My Brothers.

NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE

Thank you for bringing this up, I'd honestly never heard of this incident.

RIP Officers Laurie and Foster.

Thank you for bringing this up, I'd honestly never heard of this incident.

RIP Officers Laurie and Foster.

Watershed moment within the NYPD. I remeber there was a TV movie that came out when I was 12 years old entitled "Foster and Laurie" I was too young to remember the actually incident but cried like a baby when I saw the movie.

Watershed moment within the NYPD. I remeber there was a TV movie that came out when I was 12 years old entitled "Foster and Laurie" I was too young to remember the actually incident but cried like a baby when I saw the movie.

Wish I could find that on Netflix or something. Any books or anything out regarding this incident? I'd like to read up and learn some more.

Randy Jurgeson's Circle of Six is a great book that shed light into another tragic NYPD incident where an officer was lost, several were beaten and the ridiculousness of how that case was handled by higher ups. I have no shyness as to why I do not like Charlie Rangel and he was involved as well.

Just a guy likes this

Sometimes we forget that they were also the war years for the finest as well.

May 21 1971 Ptl. Joseph Piagentini 8788 32nd Shot Assassination

May 21 1971 Ptl. Waverly Jones 4381 32nd Shot Assassination

Patrolmen Joseph Piagentini and Waverly Jones were shot and killed in the 32nd Precinct when they were ambushed by members of the Black Liberation Army.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org

Lest we forget

Today, so many of the apologists and agitators that fostered such violence against the police are 'respected' members of the community, the city council, local governing boards and the media.

Think Rangel, Sharpton, Barron to name a few, think Ayres from Chicago and the countless other 'left leaning radicals' from the 60's and 70's that have found a

welcome home in local and national government. 40 years of behind the scenes, under the radar activism from within is why were at the tipping point today.

Buff Wellington likes this

I found this on another website, this is a partial listing of jobs the NYPD had with the BLA in 1973.

January 2nd BLA holds up social club- one civilian killed, subjects escape after firing at police officers

January 10th BLA member engages 78th Pct and TPD officers in shoot-out but escapes into subway tunnel

January 12th Two Police Officers shot and wounded by two BLA members while attempting an arrest

January 23rd Shootout at the big t lounge where 2 BLA members were killed and 1 wounded while two Hero NYPD Detectives, phil Hogan and Cleave Bethea were both seriously wounded.

January 25th Two NYPD Police Officers who happened to be brothers were ambushed and shot by the BLA but thankfully survived. This shooting was in retaliation for the 1/23 shootout

January 28th Two additional Queens Police Officers are shot in rretaliation for the 1/23 shootout

February 9th BLA robs Queens bank for operational funds

February 23rd Nypd arrests two BLA members witha car load of explosives

March 2nd 2 BLA members escape a trap set by NYPD during running gun battle

March 6th 3 BLA members, cornered by two NYPD detectives engage in shoot-out and are joined by 2 additional BLA members armed with a machine gun who aid in the escape.

March 27th BLA members stick up an a&p supermarket in the 77th Precinct for operational funds

April 10th BLA robs Queens Bank

April 12th BLA Members kidnap Bell telephone co employees, believing them to be undercover nypd officers, tell them they will be killed if police id or radios or guns are found in vehicle or on them. they were later released and Bell Telephone stopped lending vehicles to the nypd to use in undercover operations.

May 2nd BLA kill Trooper Forrester, NJSP and wound another trooper while attempting prison breakout of fellow BLA members One BLA killed and one later captured. Joanne Chesimard escaped from prison and fled to cuba where it is believed she currently resides. In recent years and with the political tide changing in cuba there have been renewed calls for her extradition to the US

May 19th Two NYPD officers shot while interupting stickup by BLA Hit team

June 6th Police Officer Sid Thompson, assasinated by a BLA backup man while attempting to arrest another BLA member. Sid was able to wound the original BLA member and both were captured by the NYPD 3 days later

June 7th FBI/NYPD task force arrest BLA member wanted for murder of a Police Officer

June 8th FBI/NYPD task force arrests 2 wanted BLA members

July 18th BLA robs queens ny bank for operational funds

September 2nd Members of the NYPD travel to New Orleans to capture a BLA member wanted for Murder of a Police Officer

September 27th BLA member arrested for Murder of officer Foster and Laurie, escapes and is re-arrested October 3rd

November 7th NYPD arrests one BLA member and charges him with Murder of a Police Officer

November 14th Twymon Meyers - BLA member wanted for Murder of a Police Officer is shot and Killed by members of the NYPD.

Decembe 27th 3 BLA Members are arrested while attempting to tunnel into jail housing BLA members

Edited by crime cop

I remember this incident well. Police Officers gunned down just for being there. And as posted previous many other officers of the NYPD gunned down for the same reason. Just for being there and being cops.

Thosewere some very Tough years. Thank You for remembering.

Edited by nfd2004