Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

If Bee-Line Goes On Strike....

6 posts in this topic

If Bee-Line goes on strike, then what happens to the Indian Point Evacuation plan?

If Bee-Line goes on strike, then what happens to the Indian Point Evacuation plan?

The real question is: Do you really see the "Evacuation Plan" as potentially successful, even if Bee-Line buses are operating?

I know I don't.

EMT-7035 and firedude like this

I don't either, but DES has invested heavily in it. Personally, I see mass pandomonium, and I hope to never see that proven.

A lot of the money for the Fire-EMS Radio system was earmarked for Bee-Line, and I know they've put a lot of time, effort, and money into getting all the radios installed, drivers trained, and making them functional. This was for "interoperability" between Bee-Line and Fire-EMS during an emergency.

Also, are any firefighters or other emergency staff trained to drive the buses, or are Bee-Line drivers trained for emergency situations such as this?

A lot of the money for the Fire-EMS Radio system was earmarked for Bee-Line, and I know they've put a lot of time, effort, and money into getting all the radios installed, drivers trained, and making them functional. This was for "interoperability" between Bee-Line and Fire-EMS during an emergency.

THats not exactly the reality. The system was developped to get a new fire/EMS radio system that was paid for with DOT funds that were designed for transportation agency communications.

Since, its unlikely to need Evacuating in the next 48 hours, the real question is how do 100,000 riders get to work and how does my child and all the other students in New Rochelle, Mt. Vernon, Yonkers, White Plains and the other communities that use them for the school transport get to and from school.

Those are real issues. We all know the IP plan is a joke, so what difference does it make if they are on strike.

firedude and miltonfire39 like this