Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

TMFD vs VMFD 'Fire on Ice'

19 posts in this topic

Saturday March, 10, 2012 @ 7pm

Hommocks Ice Rink - Larchmont, NY

Event Facebook Page

3RD ANNUAL "FIRE AND ICE" TMFD VS. VMFD HOCKEY GAME.....IS COMING UP ON MARCH 10TH AT 7PM....This year all funds raised will be in "Memory of Robert Delvecchio" for his son Milo's education. Bobby was a dedicated Town of Mamaroneck employee, Volunteer with the Harrison FD and Ambulence Corp, Volunteer with the Town of Mam'k FD and Empress Ambulance. Please come out to have fun and support this worthy cause. This year we will be having a "chuck a puck", 50/50 raffle and a raffle to win amazing prizes such as a gift certificate for Sherwoods. Included in our silent auction will be a signed football by Giants Super Bowl Winner Antrel Rolle #26. If anyone would like to donate an item, or help us the night of the hockey game, please contact Brian Payne at tmfdfireonice@gmail.com.

post-17100-0-74538000-1331084121.jpg

ems-buff, x129K and islander like this

GO TMFD!!!!!!!!

GO VMFD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday March, 10, 2012 @ 7pm

Hommocks Ice Rink - Larchmont, NY

Event Facebook Page

post-17100-0-74538000-1331084121.jpg

For those who need directions (GPS settings) use :

130 Hommocks Rd, Larchmont, NY10538 United States 40.93433, -73.74544(Address is approximate))

Contact Brian Payne at tmfdfireonice@gmail.com not Lt Pierce. It's a mistake, I'm trying to have a mod change it.

How much is it? If I'm available, I'll come down and take photos. I specialize in sports photography.

game time is 7pm at the hommocks ice rink in mamaroneck

pass the word!! great game for a great cause

How much is it? If I'm available, I'll come down and take photos. I specialize in sports photography.

I know where and what time but nowhere does it say how much. Is there a door price or is it an open donation?

It will be an open donation at the door.

We look forward to everyone support tonight.

Great game guys! Can't imagine how crazy Sherwood's was after the game :lol:

Great game guys! Can't imagine how crazy Sherwood's was after the game :lol:

Indeed, it was a pretty good sized crowd too. Shot what I could in between puck streaks on the glass. lol

Indeed, it was a pretty good sized crowd too. Shot what I could in between puck streaks on the glass. lol

Yep I struggled with those too... those, and the flicker from the lights buggering my slo-mo shots grrrr... a very fast & dirty grade of some of my shots can be found on my channel...

http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee

Mike

firedude likes this

Yep I struggled with those too... those, and the flicker from the lights buggering my slo-mo shots grrrr... a very fast & dirty grade of some of my shots can be found on my channel...

http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee

Mike

Were you the one shooting with the Red?

I'm normally ok with shooting through the glass but wasn't accustomed to such low glass (I'm used to shooting college/semi-pro) and esp through glass with so many puck streaks on it.

Edited by peterose313

Were you the one shooting with the Red?

I'm normally ok with shooting through the glass but wasn't accustomed to such low glass (I'm used to shooting college/semi-pro) and esp through glass with so many puck streaks on it.

Yeah that was me... just back tonight from some seriously hot shooting in Hawai'i, then off tomorrow afternoon for 4 days shooting in Iceland. Talk about contrast in climates lol!!

By the time I'm back I won't know what week it is.

The puck streaks were annoying but not such a big deal... you just open up the lens, reduce your DoF, and the streaks are out of focus and not too obvious. But I was shooting slow-mo at times, 240 to 300 FPS, it looked ok in camera but in post you could really see the flicker from the lights.

Mike

Yeah that was me... just back tonight from some seriously hot shooting in Hawai'i, then off tomorrow afternoon for 4 days shooting in Iceland. Talk about contrast in climates lol!!

By the time I'm back I won't know what week it is.

The puck streaks were annoying but not such a big deal... you just open up the lens, reduce your DoF, and the streaks are out of focus and not too obvious. But I was shooting slow-mo at times, 240 to 300 FPS, it looked ok in camera but in post you could really see the flicker from the lights.

Mike

I was the one walking around with the 70-200 2.8L shooting through the glass. I've been pretty backed up with photos and am just about ready to start editing those pics. I checked out your youtube videos from it. The streaks really aren't all that noticeable and don't really bother me but obviously it does effect the composition and quality of the shot. That was the first vid I've seen from that and I'm quite impressed with the quality of it. It's fantastic.