Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Former Ardsley Quint 1 For Sale

9 posts in this topic

This aerial was replcaed about a year ago with a Spartan/Smeal 105' Quint.

Sort of sentimental about this truck. First aerial I've ever climbed. Spent many years maintaing and responding on calls with it. Got to pick the "Ladder 50" when the county decided that a Quint wasn't a valid piece of apparatus. Wish I had the money, time, and space to aqquire it.

RESOLUTION ADVERTISING SALE OF FIRE TRUCK – 1988 HAHN LTI

Resolved that the Village Board of the Village of Ardsley hereby authorizes the Village Clerk to advertise a Notice to Bidders for the sale of a 1988 Hahn LTI / 1500 GPM / 75’Quint (aka Fire Truck)

Bid forms are available in the office of the Village Clerk located at 507 Ashford Avenue, Ardsley, New York 10502. Completed forms in sealed bid envelopes must be returned to the Village Clerk’s office no later than 2:30 pm, March 27, 2012 at which time they will be opened and publicly read.

post-11-0-50500000-1331088686.jpg

firedude likes this

There is a posting in today's JN Legal Notices that the ladder has been purchased by Croton Falls

I heard that rumor a few days ago also...

its a great rig an ardlsey took great care of it,it will be a great rig for the new owners ,an meny years of life left in her,

I hope it is true.

I haven't seen Quint 1 in several years, but from someone who spent 10 years particpating in the process, Ardsley keeps their apparatus immaculate.

I'm sure there is work to be put in, given it's age, but it's a perfect for a community like Croton Falls. They have some structures that would benefit from a 75' stick and increased ground ladders brought to the scene and not having to wait or need mutual aid. Quint 1 is basically an Engine with a Aerial on top.

At least they didn't go out and spend $800,000 on a brand new ladder.

Seems like a very good deal! I have heard it needs some work, though.

RESOLUTION TO AWARD SALE OF A 1988 HAHN LTI FIRE TRUCK ($47,900)

Whereas on March 5, 2012 the Ardsley Village Board of Trustees authorized the Village Clerk to advertise a Notice to Bidders for the sale of a 1988 Hahn LTI fire truck; and

Whereas, in addition to placing a Notice to Bidders in the local newspapers, direct solicitations were made by Fire Department personnel to various fire districts,

Be it resolved, that the Village Board of the Village of Ardsley hereby awards the sale of a 1988 Hahn LTI fire truck to the Croton Falls Fire District located in Croton Falls, New York for the sum of $47,900