Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nycemt728

Bride beats traffic to wedding....in ambulance

7 posts in this topic

I don't know, on one hand I see how it was useful to the bride and I totally understand the driver's sentiment that it was nice to do somthing extra positive with his vehicle, but i can't help wonder of this has the same effect as it does in America. Sometimes emergency responders get enough s*** from the public for what is percieved as abuse, things like this certainly can't help. I know it's a different atmosphere in Israel such that emergencies are taken more seriously and everyone seems to be involved in emergency services there so I wonder if this is a non issue because responders' actions are not questioned as much as ours are here.

Get Me To the Chuppah On Time

With what those guys see and with what goes on down there, I think that this is great. Gives the members a chance to do something positive.

Disaster_Guy likes this

I thought that too at first..but isn't saving a life or helping someone in need positive whether it's sad or not?

Disaster_Guy and sueg like this

What is considered positive is based on perception. The only person that probably thought it was positive was the bride. Some probably it was cool, some crazy, some ridiculous and if any were like me in the crowd...inappropriate.

ZAKA (the agency in the article) generally is responsible for identifying and burying people and body parts from terrorist attacks. The vehicle pictured in the article does not appear to be an ambulance. It does appear to be a vehicle used to respond to a terrorist incident and transport the dead and body parts for identification and burial. The vehicle may be equipped with a light and siren package. It is certainly not a "911" ambulance being used to transport the bride to the wedding. The "911" functions in Israel are covered by MADA and Hatzolah. ZAKA does not serve as a "911" agency in Israel. In fact, the slogan on the side of the van says, "true kindness", which is a phrase used to describe kindness to those who have already passed away as they have no chance to repay the favor.

Edited by Medic1030

There was no siren on the bus. She just stuck her head out the window and whiiiiiined all the way to the wedding.

Best of luck to the happy couple. B)

x129K likes this

My wife was an hour and a half late for our wedding thanks to one of those lovely summertime, Friday afternoon Charlie-Foxtrots on both 95 and the Hutch. We both coulda used this 7 months ago! lol