Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ashaughn

FDNY EMT Exam # 2004 Question

33 posts in this topic

I just had a quick question. Does anyone know if a list had been generated from this exam yet? I filled out the exam back in September and received a letter in about November/December that it was received but no word yet on if a list had been generated.

Thanks for anything regarding this.

grumpyff likes this

I was wondering the same thing. Glad I am not the only one that has not received a grade.

Call the DCAS automated system. As soon as the list is established your number will be in that system.

Anybody know how many people they usually hire my list number is in the 200's

Approximately 100 per class usually. I've heard that they're scheduling 2 classes. One in June/July and one in the fall/early winter

Yeah it's usually about 90 people each class. Being in the 200s is good you have to remember a lot of people will be weeded out during the hiring process. I wish you the best of luck!

What is the scheduling like for FDNY?

Very similar to NYPD. 5 on 2 off, 5 on 3 off. 8 hour shifts either overnights, days, or evenings.

Thanks, Whats the starting pay these days?

Well it's a legitimate question considering it doesn't count shift differential and meal money, so on so forth. Some people may be wondering the same thing about what the money actually works out to be.

Very true, but since shift diff and meal money vary depending on assignment and schedule they really don't accurately factor into base pay. It also doesn't take into account union dues and pension deductions that are automatic and the same for everyone.

For anyone who's currently in the process, I just got my letter for the physical agility test today. It's scheduled for June 2nd.

What was your number?

I tried looking online but came up empty... Anyone know what is on the physical?

Taken from http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=10249 Since I took it 4 years ago, however it was very easy as I remember :

A stairmaster: 59 steps/second with a 40 lb weightd vest

Lifting with your arms: you basically have to pull a stationary chain and create enough force with your arms 3 times

Pushing some sort of bike wheel "ergonometer" a certain number of revolutions while lasting for 2 minutes

Lifting with your legs: same thing as the arm lift but they make you change your form to involve your legs

Its ridiculously easy. If you fail the EMS physical you should be loaded into an ambulance and taken to the ER immediately.

Danger, sueg and INIT915 like this

Finished with the physical agility test. Now on to paperwork. Just an update for those following for info.

How long did it take?

About 3 hours total. I was one of the first to be processed.

Did they make you piss in a cup? I can't remember if that was on physical day or medical day.

Oh stop it, weed is less harmful than alcohol but... such is life.

If you are doing anything illegal you need to re-evaluate your priorities since drug testing is a part of life on this job and they will fire your a** the first time you test positive.

ny10570 likes this

I went down to Headquarters yesterday for my background. Went well. Met my investigator, got my fingerprints done(Holy s***, $91.50 for fingerprints).. and got to walk around a little bit getting my paperwork in line. Any idea what's next and what it entails?

Psych, and medical. Psych is your standard. 900 question personality test. Medical is just a physical and what not. If you are significantly overweight start losing it now because they will tell you you have to lose x amount in order to be cleared by our doctors.

Any idea what number they made it up to for the first class?