Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

GMC Terrain-Your thoughts?

11 posts in this topic

As much as I LOVE my 2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr w/ manual transmission, it isn't exactly "family friendly". Nor can I carry a Kayak or Bike easily.

I'm looking at a couple different vehicles. I like the Ford Edge, but the dealers down here can't keep them in stock they are going so fast.

Then, I saw a commercial for GMC, and thought about the Acadia. So I went to their website, and found the GMC Terrain, a model I never knew existed.

I want the whole in dash navigation and upgraded music.audio system, as well as nicely equipped.

I have crappy credit, but I do have my car to trade in.

Just looking for opinions of anyone who has experience with the above vehicles.

*A big plus-I live 1 miles away from a variety of car dealers

Friend had the acadia couldn't wait to find someone to buy it. Mileage on the highway was at best a 15-16. Save your money on all that useless indash garbage. The only company with a functional GPS indash system is pioneer, all the others use BS interfaces that are next to impossible to use. I have four cars with it, BMW, ACURA, HONDA and a Ford with a pioneer indash dvd nav. The pioneer setup is so superior its unfortunate that none of the big 3 take this and run with it. Acura and Honda use junk navteq maps and routing that would take you from Yorktown to Yonkers via Rt 100 ( an exaggeration) but close. Save the 3 grand and use a window one for the rare times you actually use it.

x635 likes this

Ahh this is where i can be of assistace. I own a 2010 terrain fully loaded awd jus without the in dash navigation. its actually a really nice truck gets good gas milage, drives well, and is pretty roomie inside of it. If i can later ill try and post a picture of mine so you can look at how it looks i did a few things to it and have some lights installed as well. But otherwise id recommend it to you as a family vehicle. ill answer any questions

x635 likes this

Seth, I have a Terrain and I really like it. I have the 4 cylinder model and it is suprisingly powerful. Not so much off the start, but it likes to cruse about 70-75 mph. I get 25+ MPG and it is suprisingly roomy. I have fit 5 guys in it (guy in the middle not so comfy). Ive also fit a 46" flat screen tv in the box with the back seat folded down. The rear seat is on rails too so you can slide the seat forward and back. I would recomend the truck to anyone.

x635 likes this

Seth;

Go with the Edge if you can find one.

I have a 2011 Ford Edge and I get 9.2 l/100kms which equal 25.6 mpgs in Canada.

I have no problem going from my home to Halifax and back a distance of 610 kms on one tank of ful and have some left over.

The only thing it doesn't have is the nav system, roof rack and leather.

x635 likes this

My Wife has the 2012 Terrain. Just got got it. It is the fully loaded model but no navigation. She also got a lifetime maintenance package and free car washes for life. I think it's a great car for the money.

x635 likes this

I've rented two terrains on business lately. One with the Denali package. Like them but I have also rented a bunch of Edges and find that the Ford product is superior in almost all aspects.

If you really want a great car for the buck buy a Jetta diesel wagon. They get 40+ and have tons of room.

(*)

x635 and firedude like this

If you really want a great car for the buck buy a Jetta diesel wagon. They get 40+ and have tons of room.

I used to have a Jetta, and I loved it. I found, though, that parts and service can be expensive. I also don't want to have to lean down every time I get my daughter out of the car seat.

Does anyone know if there's a noteable price difference between Chevy and GMC? Some of their models are just badge swaps.

Final question: What's the differencesbetween Chevy and GMC?

I have a 2010 GMC Terrain, 6 cylinder, which gives you a lot of power. About 15 mpg around town; in the 20's on highway trips.

A lot of nice features: In dash bluetooth, GPS, Onstar systems. Good quality sound system.

All wheel drive really good in the snow.

Rear seat slides back and forth. Rear seat backs fold down for cargo space.

Good buy for the price.

x635 likes this

I used to have a Jetta, and I loved it. I found, though, that parts and service can be expensive. I also don't want to have to lean down every time I get my daughter out of the car seat.

Does anyone know if there's a noteable price difference between Chevy and GMC? Some of their models are just badge swaps.

Final question: What's the differencesbetween Chevy and GMC?

In general (or at least from what I have seen) GMC tends to be more expensive, but also tends to have more features included in the base model then the equivalent chevy would

x635 likes this

In general (or at least from what I have seen) GMC tends to be more expensive, but also tends to have more features included in the base model then the equivalent chevy would

You are correct, GMC includes more, but the price is about $1500 more for the base AWD model. I just like the look of the GMC more.