Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Pleasantville FD - New Car 2371

23 posts in this topic

Some pictures I got of PFD's new Chiefs car today. Picture were taken with my iPhone.

post-16367-0-59203500-1337985101.jpg

post-16367-0-04570400-1337985106.jpg

post-16367-0-84120400-1337985110.jpg

post-16367-0-88216700-1337985115.jpg

Edited by PFDRes47cue
FF398, PFDR47, sfrd18 and 1 other like this

The warning light that the Tip-Up Bar is up is a great idea. I like the car, not overly done - good luck with it!

PFDRes47cue likes this

Is this In service?

I am not positive....it will be this weekend for sure I imagine.

The warning light that the Tip-Up Bar is up is a great idea. I like the car, not overly done - good luck with it!

Definitely a good idea and will most likely end up saving a few bucks.

Was there something wrong with the old 2371? I looked it up in google and the one I found looked like it was a 07 or 08 Tahoe(if thats the right one)

Beautiful Chief's vehicle, very well designed!

Knowing Pleasantville, the previous 2371 was renumbered and given to one of the assistant chiefs. The oldest car becomes the utility, and the current utility gets disposed of.

Was there something wrong with the old 2371? I looked it up in google and the one I found looked like it was a 07 or 08 Tahoe(if thats the right one)

The "old" 2371 has now be renumbered to be 2372.

Knowing Pleasantville, the previous 2371 was renumbered and given to one of the assistant chiefs. The oldest car becomes the utility, and the current utility gets disposed of.

Exactly.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Id have to assume this replaced that 90's suburban they had running around

This may sound like a "newbe" or rather "Probie" question, but what is the purpose of the tip up light bars?

The lights tip up, to get them higher, and hopefully more visible from a greater distance.

How are the tip up lights going to save money?

guick question I saw the 2004 tahoe at the ossining parade It still said 2372 on it which car are they running as 2372 and 2373

The "old" 2371 has now be renumbered to be 2372.

To answer your question..

guick question I saw the 2004 tahoe at the ossining parade It still said 2372 on it which car are they running as 2372 and 2373

Edited by x4093k

Id have to assume this replaced that 90's suburban they had running around

We have two of the old suburban. One is U74 and one is (was) 2373. The old 2373 is now the "new" U74. The new 2371 did not replace a vehicle, it just shifted them down a number.

The 2004 tahoe was 2372, it is now 2373.

This may sound like a "newbe" or rather "Probie" question, but what is the purpose of the tip up light bars?

The tip up light bars are fairly new and still quite uncommon in this area. Actually, I would feel safe saying that the new 2371 is the only FD vehicle in the county that has one.... if I'm wrong then...sorry. The tip up light bars are now widely used in the city. They help with visibility in traffic since they can be seen over most any vehicle (exception if box trucks).

If I had to guess I would say the logic would be, if they prevent even one accident or an injury to a member operating on the scene, that one occurrence, and the inevitable costs associated with it were far higher than the cost of one of the installed units.

The tip up light bars are fairly new and still quite uncommon in this area. Actually, I would feel safe saying that the new 2371 is the only FD vehicle in the county that has one.... if I'm wrong then...sorry. The tip up light bars are now widely used in the city. They help with visibility in traffic since they can be seen over most any vehicle (exception if box trucks).

They are fairly new here. I can recall "risers" on old NYPD Highway cars from when I was a kid in the 80's and 90's, so they have certainly been in existence for quite some time.

nypd1.jpg

x129K likes this

No one said the tip up light is going to save money... What was said is that the warning light on the center console that lets the operator know that the tip up light is erect will. If the light serves its purpose then no one will drive under the sunnyside ave bridge with the tip up lights up.