Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Port Jervis Multiple Alarm Fire 6-21-12

12 posts in this topic

I live 5 minutes from this scene, and I was in White Plains when I got the text. I was on my way home anyway, so I figured I would drop in and check things out. I got to the top of Greenville Mountain on 84, and could see the smoke, and a Truck from Circleville sitting in the rest area. I'm going to keep this quick. Photos taken by the cell phone. Apologies if the quality is poor.

Here's my view walking up the block. For those of you who may be familiar with PJ, this is right up the road from Engine 1 and Truck 7.

0621121636a.jpg

0621121622b_0001.jpg

Banking down pretty good.

0621121622a.jpg

Looking up the aerial of Middletown Truck 1. Yes that's right, Middletown Truck 1. That's a good 20 minute run, even with lights and sirens.

0621121621.jpg

Looks like it autoexposed to both exposure 2 and 4. Exposure 4 was trashed, while exposure 2 was moderately damaged.

0621121635a.jpg

More coming.

Here's the rear of the fire building, and you can see some damage to exposure 2.

0621121627b.jpg

0621121630b.jpg

Milford, PA Engine 33-2 filling up the tankers out of the Delaware River.

0621121701a.jpg

Slate Hill Tanker filling up the portable pond.

0621121633.jpg

Huguenot Tanker 813 dropping its load.

0621121637a.jpg

Greenville Engine pumping.

Tank-2.jpg

From what I could see, Port Jervis had all equipment except for Engine 5.

Mutual aid was the Rescue and Truck from Matamoras, an Ambulance from Westfall, Middletown Truck 1, Slate Hill Tanker and Tower Ladder, Johnson and Unionville Tanker, Engine from Howells, Tanker from Montague, Engine and Tanker from Greenville, Engine and Rescue from Sparrowbush, Engine from Lumberland, Engine from Westbrookville, Engine and Tanker from Milford(Another Milford Engine was relocated to Engine 4), A few other tankers from Sussex County, NJ, and a ladder from Hardystown, NJ??? There was an OC Engine(602??) relocated into Engine 1, and as I was heading home, an Engine from New Hampton was passing me going the other way, and Silver Lakes new Tower Ladder was pulling in just as I made the turn onto Neversink to head home. Numerous EMS agencies and a large rehab area set up just past Greenvilles source engine.

firedude, sfrd18, JetPhoto and 2 others like this

33-2 is a little close to the river wouldn't ya say? :P Nice pics hope all remained safe.

an Engine from New Hampton was passing me going the other way

I wanna say they were originally sent to standby at Engine 2, Warwick FD was standing by Engine 4 with an engine.

Was this just that one house with some exposure problems?

Isn't Port Jervis covered by hydrants?

Was this just that one house with some exposure problems?

4 houses and a gas line

Until I saw the note, I was wondering if anyone came in from PA.

Bit o' trivia - the pumper from Greenville is the former Engine 23 from Bryn Mawr, Pa. You CAN'T mistake that color scheme. Hope everyone stayed safe with all the heat!

There were 2 draft sites, one on West End beach where Milford was located ( Deleware river ). The other one was at the Port Jervis training center Otisville E142 drafting out of the Neversink river. Also Cuddebackville had w/ tanker.

Edited by se36

Thanks, I wasn't sure where Cuddebackville or Otisville figured in. I drove by yesterday morning, and the original fire building was gone, Exposure 4 looked like it was ready to be torn down. Exposure 3 had a lot of melted siding.

Yeah, I think I crossed paths with Sharon a few times during the course of the half hour or so I was on scene.