Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterose313

Ramapo denies cop day off for his wedding

6 posts in this topic

Police Officer Modestino Giusto Jr. is getting married Saturday, but he isn't likely to spend his wedding night in a honeymoon suite or dance the evening’s final dance.

Giusto, 33, is out on disability and under departmental orders to remain home from 4pm to midnight Saturday, eight hours that constitute his shift.

http://www.lohud.com...&nclick_check=1

Just like working for the NYPD. I know someone who was denied the day off for his wedding, but all his coworkers that put in for the day off were approved.

sfrd18 and 25truck26 like this

Just like working for the NYPD. I know someone who was denied the day off for his wedding, but all his coworkers that put in for the day off were approved.

Forgot to add, the guys that put in were going to the wedding. It was corrected once the admin LT was informed by the PBA delegate.

Edited by grumpyff
sfrd18 likes this

I knew one guy in NYPD who was denied his wedding day off, but as with so many stories, there was, of course, more to the story. This guy had made his wedding plans and arrangements, but did not put in for the two weeks off until TWO WEEKS before the wedding. He ended up getting the time off, but he should haved used a bit of common sense and made it a vacation pick and avoided the drama. He was not one of the brighter guys I worked with.

I am sure the same is true with this incident, there must be more to the story. I doubt the Ramapo Police are saying no just to say no. This sounds like there is some background drama attached to it.

In a related note, the Ramapo Police had an issue several years ago when one of their members was arrested in NJ. I forget the details of the arrest, but the interesting part of the story was that the officer had been on sick leave for 18 years, yes, eighteen years!

Edited by 10512