Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

Street Eats-Where To Go While On Duty

42 posts in this topic

This thread is for all those places that aim to please while on duty. From doughnuts to gyros, no matter the ethnicity, location or atmosphere, share those joints that serve it up best to those who protect and serve!

Gyros? Did someone say Gyros? Lefteri's Gyro on Main Street and 9 in Tarrytown is the best around. :chew: :chew: :chew: :chew:

Royal Scarlet Deli - E Post Rd and Grand St, White Plains. I reccomend the "Bird in a Tree." Excellent food.

That was linke a second home to use when I worked Abbey in WP. Especially handy when one of our EMTs was dating the girl behind the counter and she'd hook us up with 10 dollar subs for 2 bux. ;)

I grow very tired of the whole "Pizza, Fast Food, Chinese, Deli, Diner, Freindlys", AKA very limited and the same choices in the area where I work now. They are also very overpriced.

I miss Panchito's on S. Broadway in Yonkers. That was good and cheap food. Golden Crust bakeries are really nice, you can get a Beef patty, coco bread, and a soda for like 2 bucks. And it's very filling. Kenny Rogers Roasters was nice when it was in Yonkers, and they gave you a discount in uniform. Fresh, good food. Walters, the famous hot dog stand in Mamaroneck is always good if you can swing by there.

Basically, while working, I like any place that serves up their food rapidly, at a good price, and it is tasty! There's way too much BLAND AND PRICEY in this county!! And any place that is freindly and works to earn your repeat business is A++ in my book!

I work in Mamaroneck and all I hear is everyone around me talking about Walters, WHERE IS THIS GUY!?!

Palmer Ave, by the back enterance to the high school.

Address is 937 Palmer Ave. Cross street Richbell Rd and Fulton Rd. http://www.waltershotdogs.com/

In between the entrance and exit doors to the "Home Depot" in New Rochelle, there is a guy named Frank who serves an awsome breakfast and lunch(deli style) from a small, pre-fabricated shed converted into a kitchen. It's better then the two delis on Drake Ave.

But don't forget about HUBBA'S!!!

Who's Cooking, Front Street, Croton Falls (914) 277-3210

There is no contest: The Firehouse Deli on Rt. 100 in Somers has the biggest wedges around for $7. You can't beat a huge selection, great quality and better than fair prices.

Villarinas Pasta and deli in chapaqua, Great wraps and sandwiches. HOT food too. 27 Greely Ave. Stop in and u may see some other EMTbravo members, Right 57truck!

There is no contest:  The Firehouse Deli on Rt. 100 in Somers has the biggest wedges around for $7.  You can't beat a huge selection, great quality and better than fair prices.

Great food, the only thing i can fault them for is occasionally the delivery is a little slow

rocky's deli millwood RT100 open 24/7

BTW

The aformentioned Rocky's Deli in Millwood is owned and operated by a very active member (and ex-chief) of the Millwood Fire Company for those folks who like to support businesses owned by FF's.

Right on Daday...You get to see fellow Emtbravo members serving up your very healthy and wholesome wraps and sandwiches of your choice that has and offers many different types of wraps and sandwiches of many different Varities for your taste for that very healthy sandwich or wether you just want to splurge and have that all out kind of sandwich. Also they offer many different fresh and frozen dinners for the people on the go and also for people who just wanna take some food home and just throw it in the microwave or oven and have it ready in a couple of mins for dinner... Daday dont u love having me serve you with a great smile every time you come in.......Located at 27 South Greeley in the heart of downtown Chappaqua........Also look out for those special salads who are dedicated to a special member of EMTBRAVO, who has established himself as a regular at Villarina's

Don't know of a good place while on duty usually have pb&j

Git' er done......Wait what exactly does this mean, am I refering to having my cat "fixed"? I do not understand this slogan, I just think it sounds very... well, to nicely put it;queer as a 3 dollar bill

I work in Mamaroneck and all I hear is everyone around me talking about Walters, WHERE IS THIS GUY!?!

UUUUMMMMMMMM Walters Dogs! Awesome I hear roadtrip!!

June 29th Shawn, we will leave a little early for the parade....

I dont think anyone has mentioned Anthonys Deli on Halstead Avenue in Mamaroneck. YES even I CANT finish some of his wedges...

Frank's Food Court on RT.119 in Elmsford (Staples Shopping Center) Was voted #1 Deli in Westchester 2 Years in a Row. =D> =D> =D> by Westchester Magazine. There are always

Police/Fire and EMS personel having Lunch there. GO there and order a " Cancel the Engine" sandwich. All of Frank's food is really good. He also has a place to sit now.The Cafe Has a big screen TV and also has hand painted pictures of Yankee Stadium and Elmsford FD apparatus plus other scenes..

The Little Spot on N. Broadway (Rt 22) in North White Plains is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat, or try So Damn Hot - accross from the Valhalla train station.

I went to Caruso's Deli in Ossining today for lunch with my partner while working. Had Chicken Parm and Rice. Was really, really good!!! I defintely will be going back to sample more of their food.

GianFranco's pizza in Bedford Hills has the best pizza and italian food in Northern Westchester. Plus they deliver :D . He take's care of the uniformed people. 726 Bedford Rd, Bedford Hills.

Seth, i had mentioned Caruso's in an older food-related thread. I would definately reccommend going back for a round-two! The food is excellent & the people who run the place ar e real nice too! If i remember correctly, they even have a decent sized dining area. If you like chicken, try "the Goodfella." Its chicken (i believe grilled), fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers & a balsamic dressing...mmmm!

When i was a senior in High School, i did my internship with the Village of Ossining PD. At the time their headquarters were still on Croton Ave, only a couple blocks down form Caruso's, needless to say i pretty much ate there every day! Parking can be a pain though. Once in awhile i'd park in the lot behind the library (right next door). I'm not sure how legal it is, but at the time i wasn't too worried about being ticketed by the VOPD lol!

If you're looking for Italian on the run....

Anthony's Pizza in the A&P shopping Center, Welcher Ave., Peekskill.

They have the absolute best pizza & Italian food around, they've always got a decent crowd in there. The guys that run it are great, they're real nice & funny as hell!

Also a must is...

Capriccio I & II in Croton. They have excellent pizza and entrees. Capriccio I is in the center of town near the "dummy-light." Capriccio II is at 26 Maple Ave. in te shopping center (Dunkin Donuts, Blockbuster video). Its the Rt. 129 exit off of Rt. 9, near Croton Auto Park.

Capriccio II - (914) 827-9117 & 827-9123

If you're looking for Italian on the run....

Capriccio I & II in Croton.  They have excellent pizza and entrees.  Capriccio I is in the center of town near the "dummy-light."  Capriccio II is at 26 Maple Ave. in te shopping center (Dunkin Donuts, Blockbuster video).  Its the Rt. 129 exit off of Rt. 9, near Croton Auto Park.

Capriccio II - (914) 827-9117 & 827-9123

Actually - Cappricos I is at the bottom of Maple St. (Rte 129) Accross from Dom's Citgo Sta. It is in the same plaza as the Croton Mini Deli, a chineese food restaurant, a dry cleaners, and a few other businesses that change so often I can never keep track. The other one you are reffering to on Grand St, is Number 1 Pizza. They are also pretty good.

Oh yeah, my bad, thanks Art! I can't seem to get it into my head that Cappriccio I & II are almost right next to each other lol!

Forno II on Grand Street is pretty good too. (west of the Mount Airy intersection).

I also like Justin Thyme on Grand Street (east of the Mount Airy intersection.)

A few good pizza places:

Nicky's on Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains

Nicky's on Mamaroneck Avenue in Mamaroneck

ANd across the street from the North White Plains Firehouse on North Broadway, the name escapes me...

There are a bunch of good places to grab some quick food in Kisco... Bits & Pizza (on Lexington, across from IFCo and MKVAC), Rainbow Wok (by Leonard Park... their fried rice is a "little bit o' heaven"), 'Round the Corner Cafe (near starbuck's), and of course Big Apple Bagel (across from Rainbow Wok)

Round the corner Cafe is out of business, so don't go there.