Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jack10562

Suggestions for our Incident Alert Template

5 posts in this topic

The current Incident Alert template format has been in use for a while and we think it's time to review if there is a need for any improvements.

We are inviting our members to provide suggestions for updating our incident alert template. You are the ones who use it so it's important for us to get everyone's feedback.

Subject Title: (Municipality)-(Incident Type)-(Date in following format:MM/DD/YY)

Date: (Date Of Incident, and or Date Of Writing)
Times: (Time Posted Here, Time Dispatched and Time Clear ONLY)
Frequency: (With PL If Possible)
Units Operating:
Description Of Incident:
Reporters:
Writer:

For those interested, please submit your suggested version of an upgraded template.

Once we get a number of entries, we will then open a poll thread for our members to select which would be the best one for posting of future incidents.

Thanks in advance for participating!

The only thing I would add is a Units on Standby (if any) column below the Units Operating column. Otherwise I think it's fine. You know what they say? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

In my opinion I believe this would work well, for me at least.

Incident Type:

Dispatch Time:

Units:

Weather:

Description:

Frequency:

Updates/Additional Info:

Stand By Units/Units Cancelled

Reporters:

We're still looking for ways to make our template better. As much as I want to pack it with information, I don't want to slow down members trying to get it up quick;y. Is there a balance?

We're still looking for ways to make our template better. As much as I want to pack it with information, I don't want to slow down members trying to get it up quick;y. Is there a balance?

Not really. Those of us who care about the info we post in I/A's will take our time and make it as informative as possible. Those who don't and just want to get it up and only put a brief description will get it up faster. The one thing I would suggest is to remove the district and or maybe the weather tabs in the the template. I don't see the need for it.

sfrd18 likes this