FloridaFireTrucks

Mount Vernon 2nd Alarm, Multiple Structure's

10 posts in this topic

Mount Vernon, NY 2nd alarm on Beechwood Ave - Fire reported in 3 structures . Does anyone have more info on this ?

From truck4 via nycfire.net:

Date: 04-23-13

Time: 1818hrs

Location: 152 (Original), 150, 154 Beechwood Ave X Farrell Ave

Description: Fully-involved 2.5-story frame with extension to (2) exposures.

1818hrs- Caller reports fire on the first floor with a woman having a baby. Original assignment: E-5, 6; L-2, L-3; B-3

1819hrs- E-4 and Ambulance 1 became available, responding.

1820hrs- Additional calls, report fire out the windows and spreading to the house next door.

1822hrs- E-6 rpts heavy smoke in the area.

1823hrs- Transmitting the working fire (10-26) for fire showing, exposure problems #2 side.

1828hrs- 2nd Alarm transmitted. Fire all floors of original fire building.

1836hrs- CMD has (4) L/S/O. Ladder set up in front, co's being removed from original fire building. Engine to line in from Brookside Ave through the yards to Exposure #3 side.

1845hrs- Heavy fire from the rear of both buildings. Exposure lines in operation. Some extension to the exterior of Exposure #4. Ladder pipe going into operation on original fire building.

1855hrs- 3rd Alarm transmitted. M/A New Rochelle L-12 to the scene. Heavy fire top floor in Exposure #2. (2) L/S/O in the interior and (2) L/S/O in the rear. (2) L/S/O on original fire building.

1920hrs- Fire through the roof with collapse of the original fire building. Fire now through the roof of Exposure #2. Fire K/D in Exposure #4 at this time.

2020hrs- Main body of fire K/D in Original building and Exposure #2. All co's still working.

JetPhoto likes this

White Plains was mutual aid? Where was Eastchester, Greenville, Hartsdale, Scarsdale,The Pelhams or Larchmont on this? Another sad case of Egos getting in the way of Life and Property Protection.

Here is an idea, Lets call a Ladder Company from 30 Minutes away when there are 2 that are within 5 minutes and 4 that are within 15 minutes. Give me an F***in Break.

capt36 likes this

Maybe those closest had apparatus oos or tied up on a call? Or couldn't get guys to backfill to replace those who went m/a. JMO

White Plains was mutual aid? Where was Eastchester, Greenville, Hartsdale, Scarsdale,The Pelhams or Larchmont on this? Another sad case of Egos getting in the way of Life and Property Protection.

Here is an idea, Lets call a Ladder Company from 30 Minutes away when there are 2 that are within 5 minutes and 4 that are within 15 minutes. Give me an F***in Break.

Edited by FirNaTine

Pelham and New Rochelle were both reportedly there as well. Not sure if they were on scene or s/b but News 12 reported them being there.

Pelham and New Rochelle were both reportedly there as well. Not sure if they were on scene or s/b but News 12 reported them being there.

Pelham Engine & New Rochelle L12 and MSU3 to the scene. NR E22 covering Sta #3

peterose313 and Disaster_Guy like this

I "believe" (but may be wrong) that "BUFF BOY" might be referring to a question regarding why White Plains had to send a truck down to Mount Vernon, when neighboring Yonkers could have sent in Mutual Aid (Buff Boy - you might want to look into the current Mutual Aid program that relates to Yonkers being on the list or what priority they are on the list related to sending Mutual Aid to Mount Vernon). I am sure that Barry or others more familiar with the current Mutual Aid listing for Mount Vernon can properly comment further on this

I "believe" (but may be wrong) that "BUFF BOY" might be referring to a question regarding why White Plains had to send a truck down to Mount Vernon, when neighboring Yonkers could have sent in Mutual Aid (Buff Boy - you might want to look into the current Mutual Aid program that relates to Yonkers being on the list or what priority they are on the list related to sending Mutual Aid to Mount Vernon). I am sure that Barry or others more familiar with the current Mutual Aid listing for Mount Vernon can properly comment further on this

The fire chief of Mt. Vernon (or any other dept in the county) fills out their list and send it to DES. They do not have to share it with anyone else, including the deputies/assistant chiefs. I have never seen Mt. Vernons MA list.

How is this different than any of the other departments that pick and choose who comes to their sandbox?

FirNaTine likes this