Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

FDNY Ex-E-One/Saulsbury Rescue Refurbished And For Sale

10 posts in this topic

Found this on another site. Definetly refurbished FDNY. The way they leave these things when they go to auction nowadays, it seems it's no choice to send them to Brookfield given the metal prices. It's got to be a serious investment in both money, time, and parts.

http://www.firetruckmall.com/AvailableTrucks/TruckDetails.aspx?Id=480

On another note, has FDNY disposed or repurposed any of the ex-E-One/Saulsbury's? I know a couple had major damage over their time in service, and wonder if this was one of them.

sfrd18 and EmsFirePolice like this

Strange, 20k miles? No way, I'm sure rescue 2 had 4 times that when retired.....

EMTbravo likes this

Strange, 20k miles? No way, I'm sure rescue 2 had 4 times that when retired.....

I thought the same thing too. I wonder how mileage is calculate on a custom chasis fire truck......if they replaced the engine or another component, does that restart the mileage?

After 9.11 a few rigs were purchased post haste as one would expect. I think this was one of them. I asked the retired senior man of R2 if he was interested in it, Ill see what he says. I know if this was in his firehouse he def drove it.

After reading how the E-Ones fell apart and many issues with them, it is going to be more than a paint job to fix it. Wasn't R2 badly damaged?

After reading how the E-Ones fell apart and many issues with them, it is going to be more than a paint job to fix it. Wasn't R2 badly damaged?

It was, but it was repaired and did another couple of years. Either way, all they did was a cruddy paint job. They didn't even change the rear doors. This would be a bad buy. These rigs are ridden hard and pretty beat up.

They are also claiming 27000 pluse miles? These rigs are ran hard and seems like they never stop. I wonder what the true milage is.

They are also claiming 27000 pluse miles? These rigs are ran hard and seems like they never stop. I wonder what the true milage is.

27,000 miles...on its second engine??

Nice Rig.... E-Ones can be hit or miss

Maybe 121,000 miles you have to remember the boro of fire is huge. Rescue 2 is the busiest rescue in the five boroughs run and going to jobs. So this rig has taken a good beating. Also remember these rescues spent a lot of time in the shops also.