Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Runaway SUV Rolls Down Yonkers Ave; Firefighters Thwart Disaster

7 posts in this topic

Nice job!

YONKERS, N.Y. – City firefighters thwarted potential disaster Friday afternoon, stopping a driverless SUV that rolled an estimated quarter of a mile down Yonkers Avenue.

Read more: http://yonkers.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/runaway-suv-rolls-down-yonkers-ave-firefighters-thwart-disaster

sfrd18, grumpyff and tommyguy like this

Yes very nicely done. Quick thinking.

Does YFD ever have a quiet day?

:rolleyes:

x635 likes this

Nice job in the trus Y.F.D. Tradition --Following in the tradition of the Y.F.D. Always looking out for the people of Yonkers. History repeats its self In the late 70's on Ashburton Ave. coming up from Alexander St. A truck from Philips wire lost a large wire spool. I believe it was Lt. Garry Kuehnen (LODD 377 North Bway 1983) who was off duty at the time and used his own station wagon to stop the spool of wire from hitting kids leaving the old Public School 6 on Ashburton Ave.

x129K, x635, grumpyff and 2 others like this

Nice job in the trus Y.F.D. Tradition --Following in the tradition of the Y.F.D. Always looking out for the people of Yonkers. History repeats its self In the late 70's on Ashburton Ave. coming up from Alexander St. A truck from Philips wire lost a large wire spool. I believe it was Lt. Garry Kuehnen (LODD 377 North Bway 1983) who was off duty at the time and used his own station wagon to stop the spool of wire from hitting kids leaving the old Public School 6 on Ashburton Ave.

Yes this is true as you have described it. I was the picture somewhere once- it was a very large spool at the top of a very steep hill. Form what I was told by my father and others, Gary Keuner was a well liked guy with an excellent reputation as a Firefighter, who died after becoming separated from his crew while searching for trapped occupants at a mumtiple alarm fire in a large H-type building with fire on multiple floors on arrival and numerous trapped (and subsequently rescued) occupants.

x129K and x635 like this