Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

Chinese Take-Out

23 posts in this topic

I used to eat so much Chinese take-out that a friend used to call me General Tso! Where are the good take-out places in the county/region? Post 'em if you got 'em.

And NO cat discussions...my namesake reads the board over my shoulder...he's a little sensitive about the whole issue...

One on Rt 117 in Bedford Hills (near the animal hospital) The food is always fresh.

Near the Animal Hospital? I thought there was to be no cat dicussions [-X

Sorry I was just giving a landmark :twisted:

Just a coincidence, i'm sure!!!!! :yikes:

Just a coincidence, i'm sure!!!!!    :yikes:

Of course it was. I always follow the rules. If you want a second opinion ask me again, I'll confirm it.

I don't eat chinese food that much anymore, but i do know of a few good places...

Emperors Choice - Beach Shopping Center, Rt. 6, Peekskill.

A real nice restaurant to take-out or eat-in. Chinese & Japanese food. - (914) 737-1888

Also, the Chinese restaurant on Washington St., Peekskill, across from Centenniel Hose Co. (E130). I can't think of the name right now, but they have great food too!

Truckie: Which Animal Hospital? I know of Peking Garden which is next to the A&P in Katonah is really good (and the building next door USED to be a Vet). I'm trying to think if there is a Chinese place near KBVC down in Bedford Hills (the emergency vet).

So thats my recommendation: Peking Garden in Katonah next to the A&P. :D

I used to like Emperor's Choice in Beach but they kinda suck now. (Thier Sushi isn't that great and the Chinese is mediocre at best).

Try Empire Hunan in Yorktown for excellent Sushi and pretty good chinese. (Sit at the Sushi bar and order ala carte).

The one south of the emergency vet on the north bound side same strip as the aquarium store. (Maybe they have sushi I don't know) I hope this helps you :D

Okay. I know the one you're talking about now. Across from Shoprite and in the same parking lot/area as Radio Shack. I'll have to try them out one day while on Medic1.

Yep thats the one, I ate there once about a year or so ago it was good. The one near KBHVAC (in A&P) uses a ton of garlic.

Just to name a few:

Best on Mamaroneck Avenue in Mamaroneck.

Foo Kam on ROute 52 in Lake Carmel

China Star on Route 22 in Brewster

Empire on Taylor Square in West Harrison

Lotus King in Eastchester, on Mill Road

The one near KBHVAC (in A&P) uses a ton of garlic.

And this is a problem HOW? :D

Well I'm a vampire

So am I, but Garlic doesn't bother me. =D>

There's one in Ossining in the Arcadian Shopping Center - not sure of the name. All I do remember is they had the best General Tso's I ever had. They are the only ones that truly deserve to put that little chili pepper next to the listing in the menu. Every other place has it, but the only way to get a spicy bite is to eat the chili pepper that comes with it.

Oh yeah - and they use lots of garlic in thier dishes too.

I dont know about the take out but the Empire Hunan in Yorktown has good food when you sit down Im sure the takeout is just as good

Pelham Palace on Wolfs Lane in Pelham (duh)

and

Golden Fountain (I think that's the name) on Yonkers Ave right near Bronx River Road.

The first one is a little pricey though.

Just don't go to the Chinese place next to PCFD HQ on Westchester ave. its greasy and tasteless, and it gives me bad chest pains/left arm numbness after I eat it. All kidding aside though, their bbq pidgeon and General Tso's rat isnt half bad.....

I dont know about the take out but the Empire Hunan in Yorktown has good food when you sit down Im sure the takeout is just as good

Thier Chinese is "okay" but thier Sushi is awesome. It might be a little yuppie bastardized for the true purist sushi lover, but it fits me perfectly. I love to just go in there and grab a seat and the sushi bar. I usually start out with a Green Tea and some Seaweed salad. Then go to town on the rolls (they usually have a Buy 3, Get one Free special so I order 4 between my wife and I). I like the Salmon and Tuna Rolls as they serve them with slices of fruit on top (forget which has which - one has peaches, the other kiwi). Thier spider roll is excellent with great sauce.

Chinatown Kitchen on Welcher Ave in Peekskill (A&P shopping center). I like it because after twenty years of getting my lunch there, they have finally figured out that I like the "not-for-roundeyes" level of spiciness. All the other places make the "hot & spicy" stuff for old ladies and children.

I like the Royal Gourmet in the Cross River shopping center, however I haven't eaten there in a while, and sometimes their food is hit or miss. However I probably won't be eating there anytime soon as I heard at my department's drill that they were among the worst health code violators in the county. That being said my old math teacher from China said that it was "good Chinese food." I also recall enjoying thier sushi. If anyone can dispel my concerns about the health code violations I'd appreciate it. There is also a place that does Chinese and Japanese food (not just sushi) in Scott's Corner I think, I like it because they deliver to my house, and thier prices and sushi are reasonable. :D