Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PHIL78

White Plains fire question

7 posts in this topic

According to the IA,only 1 Engine and 1 Truck were on the initial dispatch. Is that normal for a Multi Dwell of that size(again refering to the IA report of 60 displaced) at 3 AM?

Newtofire and JM15 like this

Engine 65 was sent also. maybe who did the IA didnt hear it. They always send 2 and 1. that was the 3rd working fire for white plains fd in that 24 hour shift. GREAT WORK FROM THE GUYS IN GROUP 4 AND WPFD

GBFD111 and tglass59 like this

The IA shows Engine 65 and Truck 32 on the initial assignment.

Normally Engine 70 would be first-due (Fire HQ-Station 6 -- where Truck 32 is also quartered -- is literally across the street from the YMCA) and I know Eng 70 was there. I don't know if they were OOS on the initial box. Normally Eng 65 would've been second-due.

My bad, Engine 70 is and was first due and they were dispatched on the initial box

Engine 65 was sent also. maybe who did the IA didnt hear it. They always send 2 and 1. that was the 3rd working fire for white plains fd in that 24 hour shift. GREAT WORK FROM THE GUYS IN GROUP 4 AND WPFD

thanks for the info. I agree great job WPFD. It seemed the first due companies had there hands full.

The people of White Plains are very lucky. These Brother's are so understaffed it is not even funny. I doubt the people there know how dedicated the members are and how much they are required to do compared to NYC, and to say that they don't or anyone doesn't deserve the same staffing is not true. The amount of fire load that WPFD NRFD YFD Greenburgh and fairview covers is the same as NYC actually even greater throw in MVFD and the 2 guys they have on a rig, man, you guys are doing a great job!

tommyguy, sfrd18 and wraftery like this

Terrific that everybodygoes would write what he did. Very well stated! I knew a lot of White Plains firefighters and cops when I lived and worked in White Plains and the residents are VERY lucky. Most have no idea.

As a citizen and a homeowner I can tell you this concerns me. I was told during one serious structure fire WPFD called in an additional ladder company on MA to set up an aerial attack on one of the exposure sides. However the company responding was a two-man company. Thus the IC had to use enginemen -- or request an additional engine company -- to help the ladder company set up. It created delay.

I feel lucky, I really do, that I live in Yonkers. I was told by someone at YFD that their normal procedure is to dispatch four engines and two trucks on any job that sounds like it may be a working fire. He said they do this in order to have enough manpower present to mount an aggressive attack in the early stages of the fire. He said, "So far it seems to be working."

sfrd18 likes this