Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD389RET

Detroit Mail carrier holds a room & contents with a garden hose returns to Mail...

4 posts in this topic

Seeing this great job done by the Mail Man using a garden hose, reminds me of something we use to do back "in the day" . We use to carry a 25ft length of garden hose rolled tight and strapped, with a nozzle on one end and a universal fitting on the other, this fitting looked like a chrome Venus fly trap with an adjustable rubber mouth that could fit over most household facets, sinks or bath tubs. The purpose of this was to hold a fire until the line got up to you or if you arrived without an engine.

It sort of went the way of the Buffalo, however I still thought it was a good idea. Might have problems now with the elaborate decorative facets. Also, with these new expandable garden hoses seen on TV this concept might return

x635, calhobs and wraftery like this

Seeing this great job done by the Mail Man using a garden hose, reminds me of something we use to do back "in the day" . We use to carry a 25ft length of garden hose rolled tight and strapped, with a nozzle on one end and a universal fitting on the other, this fitting looked like a chrome Venus fly trap with an adjustable rubber mouth that could fit over most household facets, sinks or bath tubs. The purpose of this was to hold a fire until the line got up to you or if you arrived without an engine.

It sort of went the way of the Buffalo, however I still thought it was a good idea. Might have problems now with the elaborate decorative facets. Also, with these new expandable garden hoses seen on TV this concept might return

Yessir, we used to use them for incineratiors and each incinerator closet had a sink. Incinerators are what went away, replaced by compactors, and the sinks followed shortly thereafter. As for the Venus fly trap attachment, I know exactly what it looks like but I haven't seen one in years. Try Bed Bath and Beyond.

When I was a kid, we had one of those universal fly traps hanging in the bathroom (yes, only one bathroom). I believe it was New York State Law that kids under 12, when done with their shower, were required to hook up the Venus device and wash down the tub.

x635 and calhobs like this

Hey, since the snail mail is going the way of the buffalo too, maybe they can outfit the mail carriers with a garden hose and make them part of a fire response.