Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMT111

NYPD civil service list status

7 posts in this topic

hey guys, just a quick question, does anyone know what is the minimum score the NYPD is reaching on their civil service lists to go through the hiring process. I know that it takes a while, in the two range year, but I got my results today from the April 2013 NYPD test and got a 91.76. I was just wondering if anyone knew how high the score needed to be and how long the current wait was .

Thanks

NYPD will process everyone on a given list that scored 70 or higher starting at the top of the list and working down until that list is exhausted.

They have also hired small classes past few years. Although this class and I believe last one were decent in size but sill nowhere near the 1990's class sizes of over 2000+ recruits. All depends my friend but it could be years before you take that oath. 5 years ago no one wanted that job and you could get on in 4 months. Pay was starting 25k. Then new contract with better pay and a sinking economy helped changed that which is good. More competitive

I'm #174 on one of the exam lists, took it about 6-8 months ago, but I still haven't heard anything. One of my college buddies got on with them and he said its not unusual for the process to take 2-3 years.

My son took the test in early 2011 scored an 87. He just did his mini-med which is the last part of the hirig process.

I keep hearing that depending on who the new Mayor and Commissioner are, there maybe a large hiring push, but i was thinking it was gonna be around the two year mark.