Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD113

S.C.B.A.

6 posts in this topic

Thought this might make a decent discussion--haven't seen it in a while. What type--Make, Model, pressure, bottle size, accessories do we all use for SCBA?

Anyone have any experiance with the new Scott NXG2?

I've only worked with SurvivAir with no problems. I've used the old Mark 2's, the sigma and now the panther models. I've found them very easy to use. All are rated for 2216 PSI . We took off the shoulder mounted gauge and now have an LED display on the mask and are now looking into outfitting them with the external speakers so we can talk better because a neighboring dept uses them and can talk a lot clearer. The integrated Pass is a lot simpler to use and it's not like the old style you had to turn on to use in which no one turned theres on. Also very comfy to wear. Only thing I'd love to see on an airpack is a quick connect like an air tool being run off the airline of a compressor. WOuld make chanign bottles so much easier and faster

Love the old scott 4.5 scba with the built in pass. I was wondering the same for the NxG2 as well as the airpack 50. How or are they different from the 4.5's?

up in Burrville,CT (torrington) we use Drager packs. The same used in Ladder 49.

We're using all sorts of Scotts these days.

We have the older 4.5 with the integrated PASS alarms.

We also have the newer retro-fits with the HUD and buddy-breathers.

I think the Chiefs may have the NXG2(?)

Love the Scotts!!! Simple to use, simple to maintain, and they're not too heavy or bulky to wear.

Got the new packs now we need the new bottles to go with them.