Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Tarrytown's New Tower Ladder 78

42 posts in this topic

Honest question looking for a honest and senceable answer...Why Blue?????

Wicked Awesome Truck! Love the blue, although I prefer red. Good luck to Tarrytown FD!

Blue, green, red, Polka- Dot ...... if the members are happy with the color, who cares. It had to be painted anyway.

Good luck, and it's great to see Tarrytown finally getting the second ladder that they have needed for so long.

That is just about a dead match to Port Jervis Engine 6. Looks almost exactly the same

Is T-Town still keeping Truck-37???

DFFD - from what I hear from TFD members, YES, L37 will remain. TL78 will be a 2nd Truck Company, replacing Washington Engine's current E78.

I spoke to some fellas from TFD this weekend, it sounds as though they did their homework designing this rig. I was told that consultants were brought in to help design it and to justify it. After speaking to these guys I can understand the need for a second aerial in Tarrytown.

Good luck with it - I hope you have the best of luck with it.

Good luck with this awesome piece of apparatus. I have also heard that TFD did there homework. Again good luck, looking forward to seeing it in action here on EMTBRAVO...

If anyone's familiar with the KME tower up in Mechanicstown (Orange County), the price tag shouldn't be that much of a shocker. The KME came in somewhere between $850,000 and 1.2 mil, depending on the source believed. It's got just about everything under the sun on it, whether necessary or not.

Andy..I talked to someone and they said the tower was 1.2 mil and the new engine or pumper/tanker whatever you prefer to call it came in at 850,000

TOWER LADDER 78 WAS DELIVERED TO TARRYTOWN LAST FRIDAY 8/19/05.