Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Past Ossining Engine In Germany????

16 posts in this topic

Looks like Holla Hose's old Maxim. I think Ossining only replaced it within the last 2 or 3 years.

I'm trying to remember the name of the town but I believe that Ossining has a "sister" town in Deutchland. Maybe they sent the enging over there as a gift?

I hear it is making appearances in certain films....

Any truths? If so, I'd like to see it. :wink:

Anybody notice what's going on underneath the hard suction/above the rear drivers side wheel?? Looks like it's been converted to pump another substance....

Can't tell......

Is that guy the "fluffer?"

x635,

I think it is pumping another substance, too bad we werent invited for the festivities.

In germany that can mean only one thing: A BEER PUMPER!

It looks like Catract Hose's 1957 Maxim. I know they sold it to a German "film" director in 1978. I don't if you could blow up the picture but it looks on the driver side door it still has the lettering for Cataract.

It does it looks lik still say the companies name. Hell it still says OSSINING, NY on it

Definitely Cataract's old engine and most certainly appearing :oops: in a video near you.

This is a reason to remove a dept name from apparatus that is sold.

Very cool truck ,, looks in great shape!!

I wonder what the Germans think of Ossining, NY?? First the engine is in an adult film, now it's a beer wagon!! LOL

It's actually a shame Ossining let that beautiful piece go. Do they even have a department antique????

What was the title of the film this rig was in?

Would love to see that old rig getting some action still......

Bad pun, Yeah, I know.

Yeah it was definitly Cataracts 57' Maxim. Holla Hose had almost an identicle rig but I believe from seeing old pictures the grill and front bumpers were different. Also from stories I've heard it was sold but not knowing what its future had instore for it. Holla Hose's is still around it was sold to a collector in Texas and still is owned by him. last I knew it was for sale. Talking about old trucks and where they are now Ossining Hose's 76' Hahn is now owned by a campsite or something like that in Lake George. Also no Cataract does not have an antique but Ossining Hose has there original hose wagon.

This is Cataract Hose Company's old engine.