Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

2015 Fire, Rescue & EMS Mega Show dates announced! February 21st & 22nd, 2015

10 posts in this topic

I've never been to the show but I'll ask how are the vendors crappy. Is it just a bunch of t-shirts? I'm guessing they have apparatus and other emergency vehicles there.

Yeah, the rigs and ambulances on display are pretty much the only thing that changes. Still a nice way to kill a few hours and cure the winter cabin fever blues if you so desire.

Parking was ridiculously overpriced and a downright gouge, as was admission. It was so packed that I couldn't get to see what I wanted without getting shoved around every two seconds, if I could even make it through the crowd to get there in the first place. I stayed 5 minutes and turned around and left very disappointed- I don't like dealing with insanely crowded events. There are things I wanted to check out more. With what they are presumably making off this event, it would be nice if they could schedule the event on a day where they could open the arena floor for apparatus and other displays to free up some more people room in the expo hall.

I think they did that once (utilized the Coliseum floor) the year the NHL was on strike. I, too, wish they would again.

x635 and batt2 like this

I told you guys that show stinks the good news is Harrisburg PA is in May 15-17???? That's a show you don't wanna miss. In June the show in Springfield Mass is pretty good. Mardi Gras after is the real reason to go bring lots of singles and wear track pants.

Ladder44 likes this