Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

Port Chester repeater?

11 posts in this topic

Is the Port Chester tower (Prospect Street) up and running? If so what is the Frequency?

A PCFD member told me last night that some condo owners who look out on the tower site are not happy about it... but there are already enormous water tanks out their windows! People want top-notch public safety, but they want it to be virtually invisible until their house is on fire or being robbed... ](*,)

I dont know much about a repeater on there however i do know that the cheif cars as well as e-58 and e-59 have mobile repeaters that rebroadcast 46.26 onto our tactical channel. Not sure what the frequencies are, plus they are only on when the units are in operation. Anyone else from PC may have better knowledge of these or the repeater on prospect situation....

Does anyone have any info on this?

port chester tower is not on prospect st it is on summit ave on top of the water towers i really havent herard much on this but i will look into it and let ya kno

so what is with this reapeter is this for you fire department or is this for us DIE HARD SCANNER BUFF like me self (i know i'm sad ) :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

The site on Summit Ave. is not a repeater. It is a transmitter for the new county radio system and will cover a large portion of the sound shore. The new location is due to the closing of United Hospital and the loss of the roof of the main building as a transmitter site. See the county web-site for further updates on the new system.

This tower was used to broadcast alarms for Rye and Mamaroneck a few months ago when the W.F. tower in Mamaroneck was down. It broadcasts over 46.26.

No, the site on Summit is exactly used as Stench60 said. ALL 46.26 transmissions come off the " PORT CHESTER " tower which is behind Station 4 PCFD due to the fact that the county now dispatches PCFD & RBFD. Rye is also now dispatched off the Port Chester tower all the time not Wing Foot.

EXACTLY !!

As stated by STENCH & LUCKY TRUCKIE...

SUMMIT Ave site new county Radio site....

Everything else comes off Station #4 tower.....

Thanks stench, lucky and chief for the info...

anyone have the PC and Wingfoot frequencies?

Yeah....

They're not repeaters, they are just radio transmitting antenna sites. There is no (known) UHF link to these specific towers.