Viper

New FDNY Contract: All Ladder Trucks Must Have 5 Firefighters

6 posts in this topic

“This agreement permanently sets in stone that every FDNY ladder company must have five firefighters for the safety of firefighters and the citizens we are sworn to protect.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fdny-union-narrowly-agrees-7-year-contract-raise-article-1.2474586?utm_content=buffer6290e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

SageVigiles likes this

Oh. Don't I wish. We fight for our staffing of three. Officer, driver, tailboarder.

Is the Officer and Driver included in that count? I have heard that it's five plus the Officer, and possibly the driver. (From a less than reliable source)

Total ruse, shell game nonsense. The sh*t sandwich contract says that staffing level "C" is guaranteed. Currently "C" calls for five guys on the backstep of every ladder, but there is nothing preventing the city from going in and changing the definition of "C". Bought hook line and sinker by a few thousand guys.

Is the Officer and Driver included in that count? I have heard that it's five plus the Officer, and possibly the driver. (From a less than reliable source)

Driver is included, the boss is not.

Newburgher likes this

And an 11.5% retroactive raise over 7 years, plus adding the 5th man to Engine companies that Bloomberg cut a few years back.