x635

Round Rock FD New Truck 7

1 post in this topic

Round Rock FD, Texas Truck 7 company used to be my first due where I lived in TX.  Round Rock is a fast growing suburb of Austin. They have 8 stations, and are opening two new fire stations this year, as well as just breaking ground on a comprehensive public safety training center. It is an all-career department now, but was a strong volunteer department until about 1985 (there are still two volunteer departments in the city, Jollyville and Sam Bass, whose districts encompass a MUD district). At one time, they were a large mostly Seagrave department, until Seagrave stopped selling in TX. Now, their fleet is comprised almost entirely of Pierce.

This is their new 100' aluminum platform built on a Dash CF chassis. 300 gallons of water with a PUC 1500 GPM pump.

The pump is a secondary feature of this truck, and runs with an Engine, both fully staffed. This truck's first due is the north Round Rock area, which encompasses 2 major hospitals, several college campuses, public and private schools, and medical facilities, numerous apartment complexes, residential developments, an outlet mall, Bass Pro shops and other major retail centers, as well as a busy portion of I-35...and that's just the part of the city that's in their first due. A lot of the structures are light weight construction. To give you an idea of how fast this area has grown, when I moved to Texas in 2008, this station had just opened with an Engine and a Tanker, and NONE of the above buildings, except for cow pastures and the residential area in which I lived.

roundrock7.jpg

MORE PHOTOS: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Siddons.Martin/photos/?tab=album&album_id=810843808952087