Flashpoint

Caught on camera: The effort to protect Ladder 1 as NJ furniture store fire takes off

8 posts in this topic

The most interesting videos from yesterday’s (Wednesday) 5-alarm fire that destroyed a furniture store in Hudson County, New Jersey may be the ones that show the effort to get North Hudson Ladder Company 1 out of the line of fire. The aerial ladder was up when smoke quickly intensified, pouring out of the storefront where the large display windows had been removed minutes earlier by firefighters. -statter911.com

Billy, vodoly and JackEMT like this

Also, looks like they are going to need a new roof saw:

roofsaw.jpg

vodoly likes this

something similar that happened in Cliffside Park NJ March 3rd 2004 this time the fire blew out the glass front of building That's Fairview NJ's new at the time new ALF rearmount that got hit by the fire  I found link on u tube Credit videographer 

Edited by vodoly

Bet that tractor trailer tiller job needed a new paint job on one side and new plastic lens for the warning lights.

vodoly likes this

Were they having water problems? 

I ask because that would seem to be the only reason to not be flowing the deck gun and big line off that pump. 

Anyone else wonder why they weren't flowing water?

They got deck gun flowing after a bit it was a very fast moving fire I was also told  If I remember corroectly there some good water mains near there