Welcome to EMTBravo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Conway

Pierce Husky 3 foam system

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone use F-500 in their Husky 3 system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did with our first one and had no issues with it. We changed to FireAde 2000 due to a vendor change and significant price increase. We have 5 Husky 3's, a 2013 and (4) 2016s. We also have a Husky 12 that is a 2009. The 12 had some issues over the years so we tried the 3. The only negative I have about the 3 is it won't flow a large gpm of foam product. We have busy interstates 95 & 16 and are just outside the port of Savannah so we have a tremendous amount of truck traffic. We flow "foam" on any fire, our engines have 50 gallon tanks. The FireAde has been great and does wonders with reducing the amount of overhaul required and assists with fire suppression. Our 2 crosslays are 200' of 1.75" that is really 2 1/16". We will be swapping to the true 1.75" hose. We run a 15/16" smoothbore and a low psi combination nozzle on them and we have issues with kinking. 

 

Edited by savff
boca1day and LayTheLine like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, savff said:

We did with our first one and had no issues with it. We changed to FireAde 2000 due to a vendor change and significant price increase. We have 5 Husky 3's, a 2013 and (4) 2016s. We also have a Husky 12 that is a 2009. The 12 had some issues over the years so we tried the 3. The only negative I have about the 3 is it won't flow a large gpm of foam product. We have busy interstates 95 & 16 and are just outside the port of Savannah so we have a tremendous amount of truck traffic. We flow "foam" on any fire, our engines have 50 gallon tanks. The FireAde has been great and does wonders with reducing the amount of overhaul required and assists with fire suppression. Our 2 crosslays are 200' of 1.75" that is really 2 1/16". We will be swapping to the true 1.75" hose. We run a 15/16" smoothbore and a low psi combination nozzle on them and we have issues with kinking. 

 

You should not have kinking issues using a low pressure nozzle if: you are using a good, high quality, kink resistant hose as well as incorporating a stream shaper between the nozzle and the hose. This is the best attack line available:  

http://www.keyhose.com/images/pdf/combatready.pdf

 

LayTheLine and savff like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have two Pierce pumper Wagon21 and Engine 21. Wagon 21 is a 2014 Impel it has a Husky 3 foam system, 1500 gpm pump, 1000 gallons of water and 30 gallon foam tank. Engine 21 is a 2004 Inforcer it has a Husky 10 foam system, 1500 gpm rear mount pump, 900 gallons of water and two 20 gallon foam tanks. We use 200 feet 1.75 attack lines with Elkhart SM30 100 psi nozzles. We were using F-500 and recently changed to FireAde class A foam. Our Husky 3 began leaking foam from the foam injector and the system needed to be replaced. The Husky 3 2016 manual has a caution for encapsulating agents that requires the foam injector to be flushed and left dry when not in use. My company has not been able to find our 2014 manual to see if we just overlook the caution statement. We had always left the foam systems flooded and had never had a problem with the Husky 10 system. How are other foam systems being left when not flowing foam?

vodoly and LayTheLine like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great thread. I'm not up on my foam operations but after reading this thread and doing some research it's helped a lot! Thanks

vodoly likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bad box said:

You should not have kinking issues using a low pressure nozzle if: you are using a good, high quality, kink resistant hose as well as incorporating a stream shaper between the nozzle and the hose. This is the best attack line available:  

http://www.keyhose.com/images/pdf/combatready.pdf

 

That is where our issue is. We didn't do enough testing prior to the purchase. We do use KEY hose but we bought the Eco-10 looking for a hose that was lightweight and folded well for attack line  and supply line as well. We run 3 man engines and we were trying to keep the weight down. The hose has been great with the exception of the kinking issues.  

bad box likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 7:14 AM, savff said:

That is where our issue is. We didn't do enough testing prior to the purchase. We do use KEY hose but we bought the Eco-10 looking for a hose that was lightweight and folded well for attack line  and supply line as well. We run 3 man engines and we were trying to keep the weight down. The hose has been great with the exception of the kinking issues.  

Key is a great company to deal with, they back their products 100%. If / when your budget allows, I highly recommend upgrading to Key Combat Ready Hose. In the interim, I recommend that you incorporate a stream shaper between the hose and the nozzle. Stay safe brother.

Edited by bad box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Members

    No members to show