Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Best Ice Cream In The EMTBravo Area

47 posts in this topic

Could you provide a better location?? Is it one that is ice cream only or do they do food too?? DQ rules!!!

Ice Cream "Parlors" from the past that were the bomb, but, sadly, RIP:

- Beehive Restaurant on 4th Ave in Mt. Vernon. Can taste the hot fudge now.

- Jahn's on the Post Rd. in Eastchester across from Lord & Taylors. Anybody for

a "kitchen Sink ?"

- Huntley Farms in Eastchester below Mill Rd. They would lace the ice cream dish

with hot fudge or caramel BEFORE they scopped the ice cream in.

- And last, but not least, Dairy Bar on E. Sandford Blvd. & S. Fulton Ave. in Mt.

Vernon. A cone there could make any Little League game loss a memory !

Ah the sweet sweet dairy bar. we will always miss you...lol

Dr. Mikes in Bethel Ct on Greenwood ave. Made on site, very long lines during the summer.

Definitly the Blue Pig in Croton, I'll drive from Mahopac just to get ice cream there, plus the chicks that work there are cute.

COLD STONE i first went to eat it they told to me to order small but it looked to little so i got a medium boy was i wrong i am still full from icecream 2 months later lol got to go back and get me some more ice cream

Dairy Queen is a good stop if you can find one. Up in Fairfield there are 2 ice cream places that are also pretty good called Sunny Daes, one on black rock tpke not far from the merritt exit 44, and one on rte 1 not far from exit 22 on 95. Also hear that a cold stone is also coming to the black rock tpke area.

I used to work at a place in Crompond called JW's Ice Cream Depot. We made all our own ice cream. The best was Eggnog around the holidays.

Cold Stone opens in Pleasantville right across the street from the fire house on Sat the 27th Can't wait

There is also a Cold Stone opening up in Mamaroneck on Mamaroneck Ave near the movies theater

There is also a Cold Stone opening up in Mamaroneck on Mamaroneck Ave near the movies theater

that's not opening anytime soon and plus i heard they charge an arm and a leg for a soop of ice cream

Edited by ems-buff

second on that Main Street Sweets in Tarrytown for homemade, family style. Almost across the street from TFD.

In Peekskill we used to have a good carvel until it burned in December of 04. But we have a nice ice cream place across from the trainstation at the riverfront who makes homemade ice cream that tastes really good.

Coldstone is WAY to expensive and then to wait on that line...really not worth it.

Theres an Emac and Bolios on 202 In Yorktown near Grandmas, in the same shopping center as Little Sorentos

Definately have to go with Main St Sweets in Tarrytown since I work there. All of our ice cream is homemade and pretty delicious. My favorite is Main St Special - coffee ice cream with fudge and chocolate chunks. Good Morning Sunshine was good, but we dont make it any more - Waffle flavored ice cream with maple syrup and blueberries or strawberries.

Scoops is the ice cream stand next to the Carmel FD. Pretty good stuff. Recommend a Moosetrack hot fudge sundae. Decent munchies too. No wonder our house gains weight in the summer. It's closed during the winter.

Maggie Moos in NYC. Same concept as Cold Stone, better ice cream. That cake batter stuff at Cold Stone was the sh*t though.